Safety in Manama - ISIS

Hi guys, i'm a Singaporean currently in talks with a local Bahrain bank about a potential opportunity to work in Manamar.

I have ploughed through the forum threads and it seems like Bahrain is a great place to live and work in.. similar to living standards of Singapore in most aspects.

My main concern now is the threats of ISIS attacks. From media, it appears to be quite serious. Is that so? Are you guys concerned about the situation?

I am worried about this especially since my wife and kids will accompany me to Bahrain.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this! Thanks!

Your safety in Singapore is Till ...an attack happens in your town. Singapore would not be the same - in your head - after an incident like that. Similarly... Bahrain is safe and we are praying that the Lord keeps protecting it. Trust in God and if you've a good opportunity.... Hop onto a plane and come down n start work.. Cheers! God Bless!

Hi,

our capital is called "Manama". No need to worry about anything as akoshy mentioned, it is a great place to live and work.

good luck!

T&R

U.S 5th fleet is there for your security :) Its headquarter is at Manama.

logicalindian wrote:

Hi,

our capital is called "Manama". No need to worry about anything as akoshy mentioned, it is a great place to live and work.

good luck!

T&R

Thank you for pointing out, wish i can change the subject title  :D

zeeshananjum wrote:

U.S 5th fleet is there for your security :) Its headquarter is at Manama.

I have not been to Bahrain before. Are there armed soldiers/ police on patrol in key places (mosque, expat locations etc)? In Singapore, we have armed soldiers patrolling subways, malls, etc. It helps to add a sense of security (although it was quite unnerving initially to see people with assault riffles walking around)

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting photos where you can clearly see the persons' faces

Seeing a solider with a firearm in a mall is quite scarey :S, no offence given, non taken, bahrain is a place you'd love to live in,

In Pakistan we have armed police, Rangers, private guards everywhere. They are professional, they know when and where to use those weapons. I don't know much about Bahrain but US and Bahraini Forces are providing security to the border and ocean of Bahrain against threat like ISIS, Houthi, Pirates of the Arabian Sea (Somalia) :) and some others. But inside country you will find only police.

Luffy_Ali wrote:

Seeing a solider with a firearm in a mall is quite scarey :S, no offence given, non taken, bahrain is a place you'd love to live in,

Thanks for your reply.

I cannot recall when did Singapore started having armed soldiers in public places. Probably around the time after 9-11.

It was indeed scary at first. However after so many years, people have gotten used to it. And there has never been an incident where shots have been fired (not that I hear of, at least).

zeeshananjum wrote:

In Pakistan we have armed police, Rangers, private guards everywhere. They are professional, they know when and where to use those weapons. I don't know much about Bahrain but US and Bahraini Forces are providing security to the border and ocean of Bahrain against threat like ISIS, Houthi, Pirates of the Arabian Sea (Somalia) :) and some others. But inside country you will find only police.

great to know that Bahrain is well protected. i hope it will always continue to be a safe place for its residents.

Based on my last video interview, i will be expecting to hear from HR after the Eid holidays. Might be getting an offer or invitation for an interview in Manama. Will update on my situation, have a good holiday ahead!

SG1980 wrote:

Hi guys, i'm a Singaporean currently in talks with a local Bahrain bank about a potential opportunity to work in Manamar.

I have ploughed through the forum threads and it seems like Bahrain is a great place to live and work in.. similar to living standards of Singapore in most aspects.

My main concern now is the threats of ISIS attacks. From media, it appears to be quite serious. Is that so? Are you guys concerned about the situation?

I am worried about this especially since my wife and kids will accompany me to Bahrain.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this! Thanks!

I used to live and work in Singapore back in 2006. There is no comparison between Bahrain and Singapore. For a small island Singapore has done far too well. Public transport, services sector, etc....impeccable. Bahrain is much less developed than Singapore. Work pressure here is far less than what you would experience in Singapore. Owning a car is cheaper, no taxes and your earnings will be reasonably higher than Singapore. Singapore is one of the safest place on planet. Bahrain is not far behind. Yes there's a little poilitical turmoil at the moment and occasional fireworks on weekends in some areas however there are no street crimes and ISIS is nearly unheard of here.. I have never known or heard of any one being recruited or killed for ISIS brand promotion. Come with an open frame of mind and with some passage of time you would not want to go back to SG. Trust me !