How many months to wait resident permit??

If you have any pending application you should not apply other kind of visa. You should wait for the result. Coz if you did the Swedish migration board will think twice about your application and in the end they will keep it on hold.normaly after you send the application online you will be given a case number.. If you have further questions you can contact the Swedish consulate in manila..

Hi guys. I applied for a sambo permit since September 2014 and havent even received a decision yet. I know people who applied from america and other parts of the world yet they haven't received any decision as well. I've been to sweden twice and we've been together with my pojkvän for almost 4 years now but that didn't help to hasten the decision of my application due to the ongoing migration crisis in europe. It seems that we have to expect to receive a decision in between 14 to 16 months. All we have to do is to wait and be patient. we keep on calling them every week and we even talked to the team leader of our case but all they say is that ALL cases are queued up and we just have to wait until our case will pop out in someone's pc monitor because you will get the decision directly once its your turn for the final review of your case. Let's just enjoy the fact that we are with our family here in phils safe and sound incomparable to the asylum seekers who have to risk their lives in the middle of the sea just to get away from war, and their lives is always at stake without any confirmation of getting a positive outcome if they will get a permission to stay in europe or not.

By the way, to all who are already in sweden, how's the migration crisis there? I read that its becoming worst? Is it true that there are riots ongoing and so many negative cases occuring that involve the refugees? Last year when i was in Sweden, beggars in Stockholm wasn't that much but my friend told me that its becoming rampant. :( hoping that Löfven and its parliament will put an act to this...

Hi there arlynlarsson, i hope you wont mind me asking. When you applied for a residence permit, have you been married that time? I also applied along with my 5 year old son. You also said you got an email from migrationsverket that you have granted a residence permit, did you mean, you didnt have the interview at the consulate anymore? Because i also heard that most of the married (to a swedish citizen) does not need an interview now. You just have to prove that your documents are genuine. No, i didnt applied for a schengen visa because i know that our residence permit will be put on hold and if i do, then it will br denied, our residence permit will be compromised. I applied a schengen visa way back 2014 but that was before i applied for a residence permit and before we got married. I dont know why sweden has a different rules for family ties than other EU countries. Many of them can just have a spousal visa and when they arrive there, that will be the time for them to apply for a residence permit. We have been waiting for 6 months and according to migrationsverket, when we applied, our case fall upon with 5-9 months waiting period.

Hi there mspatient. I feel your burden of waiting. My friend also applied for a sambo visa last january 2015. She got her decision after a month after her interview. I wonder why yours takes so long. I usually contact the swedish embassy in bangkok directly and they are very responsive. According to the swedish nationality law (this is from the embassy), swedish family ties are not so strict in sweden but "sambo" is still vague when you connect it with your residence permit. It has a big difference when you are "married". As far as i read and understood, if you are married or a registered partner of a swedish citizen, you are "entitled" to be granted a residence permit and they should have a valid explanation why will they not grant it if so. If you are a gf or planning to cohabit or in a relationship with a swedish citizen, you "may" be granted a residence permit. But thats what i totally do right now, to enjoy the time with my family. Yes, we are thankful that we are not like the refugees but of course we are the ones who are greatly affected by the crisis. Hoping everyone can get a positive answer.

Hi mispatient.  I apply right after we got married. Lets say i got married last year in January 4 i let my marriage contact certified by nso and i got it after 3 weeks   my husband have same copy of marriage contact from nso, he submited it here in Swedish migrationsverket after he got back.  He travel home first then we follow. I submited all my document online then i communicate in manila consulate for interview along with my kids. They took a copy of kids passport and The parental concent. Then i wait for 3 weeks for the response from Swedish migration board email. And that's it everything follows after Bangkok i waited for a week for utc.

Hi guys!

Just an update with my application. I received the decision yesterday and my case has been approved! Thank God! :D a total of 12 months waiting for the decision. :)

Good luck to all of you guys! Just hang in there! It will be your turn soon God spares us! :D

Hi.  That's a good news.  Did you had to go for an interview at the Swedish consulate before you got it? I heard some are not being interviewed anymore because of the workload.  So will you go to Bangkok soon?

Hi! :) actually i had my interview since april and after that i was cruising in southeast asia to visit my sambo and dropped by in bangkok to have my biometrics. So, now that my permit has been approved, they are processing my card directly thank God :)

Mis patient, thats really a great news so you will be here in no time lets say after two to three weeks.

Lycka till.

I'm happy for ur success. Be good there and never waste what you have been fighting for. God bless.

Thanks alot for your sweet messages! :) we should all meet up in Sweden soon God spares us! :D i live in stockholm :)

Welcome to sweden! At last u got ur permit after a long waited time.happy for u girl.

Hi! :) do you live in stockholm aS well? :) maybe we can have some time for ficka :)

Hi jag bor i Norrbotten. I live in norrbotten so it's too far from Stockholm. But maybe i will drop pag pumunta kami sa Stockholm.. Its cold now here. But in South is really windy.  If you like deep snow come over here. Lol

Hi miss patient, I live in stockholm at odenplan very close to central.

@arlynlarsson: Awww true thats very far. :( but hopefully we can catch up sometimes! :D

@stockholmners: hi! Thats great! :) i will live in kungsholmen very near to the city hall. Maybe we can catch up soon! :) by the way, hows the situation regarding the refugee crisis? Is it really that bad as reported in the news? It wasnt so bad as i reckon from the last time i was in swede wjich was just last year. Tsk

Kungsholmen is just a walking distance where I am living now. And I think u will study swedish language same school where I am studying, SFI at halländergatan near Drottninggatan. I had a classmate living in kungsholmen too but she come from indonesia. See u soon.

Hej! I sent you a private message :)

Hello friends,
it really so frustrating to wait this much so long. I am also engaged to a swedish guy and waiting yet. We full 9month and i had my interview in embassy in Tehran 3month ago.. but still no result.. i miss my fiance.. it is so hard for us.:-(

Hi Ms.Patient Grattis on your permit. I just have a question maam... I'm just wondering when you submitted your application how long did it take before you get a response to have an interview at a swedish consulate? I passed my application last September 7,2015 up until now we got no response fom the migration on when I can do my interview... I am aware that the waiting time for the permit will take up to 12 months, but how about the interview? I feel so stuck on level 1 since we got no response yet and yes it is so frustrating. Kahit interview man lang sana matapos ko na... Hoping for your reaponse. Thank you

Hi there ImissGävle. I also applied for a residence permit.  I am a Filipina who's married with a Swedish citizen. We applied after we got married. I applied last March 27, 2015 and to tell you the truth,  I have not received any emails yet to have an interview at the Swedish consulate.  I am waiting for almost 7 months already and no responses yet.  I applies online which apparently they said it's the fastest.  So if you just applied last Sept. Maybe you need to extend your patience longer than you could.  As of calling them.  If you applied now,  you will receive an  email after 8 months.  When I submitted mine,  I still fall on 5-9 months waiting period. They are prioritizing the refugees now and as you can see on their website,  they no longer entertain request for priorities.  My husband will come here by november and we will try to be on the interview together if our case will be opened soon.  Thank you

Thank you so much Neslund for your response. I guess I really need to give up my winter dream this year and Hope for a white Christmas next year. I guess there's nothing we could do now but to wait and go on with my life. I was in Sweden last June and if only I knew that it will take forever to get the permit, I could've just extend my schengen visa... Coz right now all we could do is wait... I hope we can all get s response soon inspite of the asylum seekers. My boyfriend will be here on December to spend the Holidays with me. after that I guess we just need to endure the long distance relationship. Where in sweden will you go btw?

Hi Ms.Patient Grattis on your permit. I just have a question maam... I'm just wondering when you submitted your application how long did it take before you get a response to have an interview at a swedish consulate? I passed my application last September 7,2015 up until now we got no response fom the migration on when I can do my interview... I am aware that the waiting time for the permit will take up to 12 months, but how about the interview? I feel so stuck on level 1 since we got no response yet and yes it is so frustrating. Kahit interview man lang sana matapos ko na... Hoping for your reaponse. Thank you

Yes we have been waiting for 7 months and mt husband has been calling migrationsverket twice a week to check it. Just an advice, you need to know where your application is so you can follow it up. Ask it through email, what unit you are in. In most cases, residence permits are being processed at örebro unit. When my husband talked to someone there, they said, if you dont need to prove something and you have convinced the case officer with your valid documents, they dont need to email you for an interview, you can get a decision right away (this only apply for married couples). So they can make every case faster as possible. My husband is living in soderbärke, dalarna county.

Hej! Actually we received a mail from migrationsverket 5 mos after we sent in the application. So roughly 5 to 6 months is the general time before they will ask you for an interview (based on what i have observed on my case and other peoples cases through the blogs).  Once you receive a mail from them, thats the time you need to get in contact with the consulate in makati either by mail or by phone to schedule the date of your interview. I think its best if you try to keep yourself occupied because people applying might need to lengthen their patience due to the current migration crisis outbreak throughout Europe and even in America. Just to share from my own experience that I even contemplated during those days when submitting my application that i may need to wait between 11 to 14 months so that I wont feel the pang of getting depressed. Just be more patient and keep yourself fully occupied because it will really pay off in the end. :)

am in same weiting. i be weiting for 11 month and still not in ther work. but i was try to get visa for my wife 2 time befor to and totay weiting for 2 years to get my wife here. i Think my goverment is to stuped to get a rel work dunn. they do biuy stuped things for the tax Money and give nothing good back longer'

Tack så mycket MsPatient for the reply. You are right! Right now all we can do is to wait and to have more Patience and I should keep myself occupied. Since I get back from Sweden last September, i've been stuck and just waiting everyday for the email from the migration. I just emailed Migration at Bangkok today and they can't say anything to when will I get a response. The only thing that they were able to answer is about the biometric, that I can do it anytime even if there is no decision yet. Since my boyfriend will be coming on December instead of going to Palawan we are planning to go to Thailand instead so I can do the biometric, then go on with my life lol!  Planning to go back to work on January. Right now I will accept orders again coz I have an online Cake Shop. I am so happy that I found this blog! I can get to talk to people like you and other people who's experiencing the same thing. Thank you again. Enjoy Stockholm! Such a beautiful place. I will never forget my trip there :)

You are welcome and dont hesitate to ask any queries because we are here to try all our best in answering queries. i was keen in asking questions to other applicants in blogs as well before. :) btw, just a wee piece of advice for the biometrics; you have to make some clarifications regarding this matter because the consulate advised us before that you can only do the biometrics after the interview (as far as i can reckon). Moreover, they said that the embassy in bangkok will register your case in their system a few days after the interview. The consulate will send out the questionnaires which you have answered to the embassy for final review before sending it to migrationsverket sverige. Try to give a call and double check with the consulate if this is still the regulation in lieu with the biometrics. :)

Danne I guess it's really taking a long time for them to process the permit coz they are really prioritizing the asylum seekers.

Jag hoppas att din fru får uppehållstillståndet snart, så att ni kan vara tillsammans igen. :)

Hello everyone,

@ ImissGävle

ImissGävle wrote:

Jag hoppas att din fru får uppehållstillståndet snart, så att ni kan vara tillsammans igen. :)

Please kindly write only in english on this anglophone forum so that members can fully understand you.

Thank you,
Bhavna

Guys whats next after the residence permit also with working permit just been to Bangkok with my husband and did the biometric, She said it will take 3 weeks for the UT card will arrive at the CONSULATE GENERAL OF SWEDEN in Manila,And my husabnd bought me a ticket same flight as him.But before that need to attend a seminar for Counseling,.hmm and as I know I need to learn the language first so I can work..?

Hi Neslund,how are you?  Hope it'll be ok for you too.

Hi donna-lyn. Yes i have applied for a residence permit too last march of this year and i havent receive anything from the migrationsverket. It will really take 3 weeks for you to receive the ut card as per the embassy advised. About the counselling, is it from the CFO? Yes, you need it and they will going to put something on your passport like its an exit requirement. I am done with it before i proceed to the application of residence permit. You also need that to change your name on your passport since you are married already. You need the certificate that you will get from them. Its only one day processing. But it is also under online appointment. Go to their website and have a booking. Its only 15 heads per day one in the morning and one in the afternoon. You need to bring with you all the necessary documents especially your NSO marriage certificate because they wont accept a certificate without the authentication of NSO here in the philippines. They are tighter than the embassies. Bring also your proof of relationship, e.i chat logs and pictures together.

I waited for almost 6 months. I am here now in Sweden for a year..Just be patient many asylum seeker now why it takes more longer.

Donnalyn,

Yes you need to study the language and you need to bring your original papers in school from Philippines because you need to submit it to the högskolan här in Sweden for evaluation.  You need to wait 6-8 months before you receive evaluation.. Just relax and enjoy..because living in Sweden more pressure and little stress in terms of language...

am going back to sweden this coming December am gonna apply samboo i bin there last December. so I need to wait 6 months here in Philippines to apply a samboo visa I think thats the roles before you'll get your decision you need to spend the months you spend in sweden example me i stay in sweden 6 months so i need to stay here in Philippines till 6 months before i can get a decision from the embassy but you can still apply a visa while waiting for your 6 months to end

hi i read ur messages,how long wait for interview?kakaapply ko lng kasi this month(november)

Hi everyone, I think just me is the least one who have been experiencing this frustrating situation of waiting...I have been apply online for over 8 months, but still got no answer even my husband already sent an email to Mirgration to ask, and they just told us to wait...Anyone has any suggestion for the next step of wht should be doing? The only one thing i just can do is praying for luck :(.

hej :) i just got my card today
-just a share
goodluck to others :)