Finding temporary job in Delhi

Dear all,

I am looking for a temporary job in India (Delhi) for 3 to 6 months. I am postgraduate in Psychology and I would love to have some awesome work experience in my favourite country. I live in the Netherlands, so I would like to ask if you guys have any suggestions or ways (other than this website's vacancies) to find a temporary job there in Delhi.

I hope someone can help me!

thanks a lot!:)

Bye

What kind of visa do you have?

Hi Alliecat thanks a lot for your reply. I don't have a visa yet since I am in the first phase of my plan...I have read on a lot of websites it's hard to get a job in India as a foreigner so I wanted to see the possibilities. I am also not sure how much time it will take getting a suitable visa. I am originally indian (no passport though, just a dutch european one) so I am hoping I can also apply for a PIO card.

You're going to have a very difficult time getting an employment visa.

Good luck.

Thanks!

Hi Anisa,

You can add me on skype and I can tell u how to look for jobs here. I live in Delhi itself and working as manager in IT firm.

Anubhav

Anubhav.m420 wrote:

Hi Anisa,

You can add me on skype and I can tell u how to look for jobs here. I live in Delhi itself and working as manager in IT firm.

Anubhav

Why not tell her right here so everybody can benefit?  The forum is to share information, not take people off-site to skype.

Yes, one need to be careful in a place like Delhi.

Hello Anisa,
Kindly send your resume at [email protected]
Cheers x

see
if you are here for only 3-6months than why job dear, go  hang out with ur friends. see the himalyan range and the most pleasant place in India is BHAGSU NATH(few km above mcleaod ganj) go there and u ll have best time in ur life. u ll always remember dat i told u and most importantly i am free so i can come with u.
if you are looking for a job than i tell u one thing through which we can make good money too- export, import business.
we ll export cheap and best quality products from india and china and export it to ur country.
i m also a fresher in this field but i am determined smart and hard worker. just give it a chance
;):D:one

Hi Anisa   Assalaam
Welcome to Delhi;  just remember Delhi is a bad place for a woman. so be careful.
work visa is sure difficult for a foriegner, unless you have a sponser.
all the best.

Go through my profile. It will say more. If you fit there let me know.

[Moderated: Offensive comment]

Kohi1968 wrote:

Hi Anisa   Assalaam
Welcome to Delhi;  just remember Delhi is a bad place for a woman. so be careful.
work visa is sure difficult for a foriegner, unless you have a sponser.
all the best.

aamit,  if you're going to insult somebody for good cause, no need to apologize for it :lol:

But what I actually think he was saying is that because Delhi is such a large city, a woman must take care to be safe.  That's how I understood it, even if it's not exactly how he phrased it :)

Oh c"mon Allie, we don't interpret simple words like "Bad"....delhi"s a bad city??? You really think I should have tried to figure out the sunny side of the word before I react??? Tcchh tcchh tcchh...I agree to disagree...delhi is a very "good" city like so many other cities...but it still remains your own responsibility to keep safe, even in the "City of Gods"

Isn't it??

And hey, why am I not shocked seeing you defending someone against me??? Ggrrrr

Alliecat wrote:

But what I actually think he was saying is that because Delhi is such a large city, a woman must take care to be safe.  That's how I understood it, even if it's not exactly how he phrased it :)

Aamit wrote:

And hey, why am I not shocked seeing you defending someone against me??? Ggrrrr

:lol:

Nah, I wasn't defending anybody.  Just letting you know how *I* read it so you won't have a coronary!! 

When he said 'bad' to a single expat woman, I read it as referring to safety.  And, as you said, every big city has crime, not just Delhi.  So one must exercise precautions everywhere :)

Fair enough...won't argue with you...I think we shall agree bout the fact that he either meant wrong, or, he didn't know the differeence between "Bad" and "unsafe or not-a-safe" which, before u put to words is again bad if its unsafe...but making a generic statement about a place to a grown up woman who has travelled across the country is like challenging her capabilities of handling such petty things...isn't it???

Anyway, I know this would not end here, but, somewhat my gut feeling is convinced for what I said, was right !!

Oh you were right to call him out--in fact, *I* said you shouldn't have apologized, remember ?!?

But I was just telling you how *I* read it so maybe it would calm you down :)

And of course, you're correct in saying that 'bad' and 'unsafe' have two different meanings but maybe his command of English isn't as good as yours.

Oh you were right to call him out--in fact, *I* said you shouldn't have apologized, remember ??

= accepting the fact and praising :)

But I was just telling you how *I* read it so maybe it would calm you down

= self justification :P

And of course, you're correct in saying that 'bad' and 'unsafe' have two different meanings but maybe his command of English isn't as good as yours.

= still justifying and holding onto the grounds :blink:

Over-all performance = Diplomatically Great :dumbom::thanks::lol:

Aamit wrote:

Oh you were right to call him out--in fact, *I* said you shouldn't have apologized, remember ??

= accepting the fact and praising :)

But I was just telling you how *I* read it so maybe it would calm you down

= self justification :P

= still justifying and holding onto the grounds :blink:

Over-all performance = Diplomatically Great :dumbom::thanks::lol:

Not justifying.  Gave you credit where it was due and did the same for myself :)

Now stop fighting!! :P  Don't you have something to do, like getting ready for the karaoke tonight? lol

Allie,

why don't you also come over ??? you are in delhi, right ???

sorry, I don't know the words to any Hindi songs ;)

Do you do karaoke?  What's your fav. song to sing to?

uufff...we have english karaoke,,,,this is no hindi place deary.... and to checkout the place,,, plz visit our website www.sarvamsafari.com

Aamit

I can avail language interpreter job for you if you have working visa. please let me know on *

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : If you have work to propose, please drop advert in JOBS + do not share email address on forum please.

Is it still available?

@NagwaElshenawy

This is an old inactive thread. Please check dates before posting, thank you.