NOC (oman)

I ll complete my two years contract coming march 2015
My visa status LABOUR visa  and now I wish to join another company in oman 
If i come to oman with noc or without noc

please please please answer my ask

You need NOC. without NOC you can not even come here to Oman if your employer objects it

Hi faisal ahmed RGI,

Once you exit from Oman you can come back on another company's employment visa - only if your current employer provides you a NoC. Else, you would have to wait for a minimum period of 2-years before you can come back.

Now adding to the problem is another new rule which states that if you exit Oman anytime now, you cannot even come back on a visit visa, or a family joining visa, or even an investor's visa, if you do not have the written permission of your former employer to allow you entry into the country.

This is indeed a ridiculous rule. But a rule is a rule, whether ridiculous or not.

My visa will expire coming  march end
I wanna change another company in oman after expire my visa then im leaving  oman after come back oman 
If need noc or no need

faisal ahmed RGI wrote:

My visa will expire coming  march end
I wanna change another company in oman after expire my visa then im leaving  oman after come back oman 
If need noc or no need

HI faisal ahmed RG,

Even if you keep asking the same question again and again, the answer will remain the same till the authorities change the rules.

No, you cannot come back (on work, on visit, on family joining, on whatever) for a minimum period of 2-years from the date of your departure, if you don't have your last employer's NOC.

Now please don't ask the same question again. Thank you.

This rule only for company working or even in housemaid???

Please reply!!!

mailyn Abpi wrote:

This rule only for company working or even in housemaid???

Please reply!!!

Hi mailyn Abpi,

The rule is applicable for all expatriates - irrespective of their jobs.

Ok thank you so much for imfornation!!!!

do i need NOC here in jeddah to transfer to oman.. thanks

glenn de roxas wrote:

do i need NOC here in jeddah to transfer to oman.. thanks

Hi glenn de roxas,

The NOC formality is applicable ONLY to those expatriates who have worked in Oman and wish to return before completing 2 years - to join work in a different company to the one that they were employed last with.

Thanks.. i just want know or do you have an idea about my case im at presently workin here in jeddah and I want to transfer in oman.. do I need to get a NOC here in my present company?  I want to transfer from jeddah directly to oman... if i will exit can i go directly to oman thanks

glenn de roxas wrote:

Thanks.. i just want know or do you have an idea about my case im at presently workin here in jeddah and I want to transfer in oman.. do I need to get a NOC here in my present company?  I want to transfer from jeddah directly to oman... if i will exit can i go directly to oman thanks

No, you don't need an NOC. And yes, you can come directly as long as your Oman employer will provide you with the ticket. Mostly the tickets are provided only from the employees home town / the closest international airport.

Jst cancel saudi visa and if u r having ur oman visa by the time u travel...go directly to oman.....NOC is only for working in the same country to transfer the existing job....

Times Of Oman :: Expats can return to Oman on tourist visa - http://www.timesofoman.com/article/4253 … urist-visa
Please see the link where its clearly mentioned that expats can come back on Visit n other visa.

aafreens wrote:

Times Of Oman :: Expats can return to Oman on tourist visa - http://www.timesofoman.com/article/4253 … urist-visa
Please see the link where its clearly mentioned that expats can come back on Visit n other visa.

Hi aafreens,

Your quoted news item is dated October 29, 2014.

Much water has flowed under the bridge since then.

As per the rules, no NOC, no return. On any visa.

I am not sure about the new rules, but I have read all articles related to visa ban ,also spoke to few tours agents in Oman , they said can come back on tourist or visit visa

Two of my friends who resigned and left Oman came back on visit visas to visit their friends two weeks back. The ban is only on employment visa.

Thank you so much for letting me know, even I have resigned 6 months back and want to visit to meet my friends, so done the whole research.
Once again thanks for this confirmation.

Dear Sumitran,

Hope you are doing good. I have seen your posts and understand that you have solid knowledge of problems and solutions related to visa, job change and NOC. I am currently working with a company that don't have any contract for me and i am on resignation period till 31st jan 2017. However company promised to provide me with NOC if i am able to get a job.I have got another job offer from another company here in muscat but the new employer is telling me that they have applied a visa quota and hopefully they will get a positive response from MOMP in next week. I have a family here , a house on rent and a car on instalment. I am confused that if the new employer will get a visa quota for me than how the things will go ahead. Like for new visa should i have to exit with my family to get back on new employer visa and meanwhile i will be waiting in my home country Or i will be here in the whole process  and my visa got changed ? If i go with the first option then what should i do about for my current belongings like should i take a risk of keep them intact or get rid of them? I am confused and i have no idea what to do exactly keeping in mind all of these scenarios.
Your immediate response will be highly appreciated. Thanks

"However company promised to provide me with NOC if i am able to get a job."

You can get a NOC from your old company without needing to have a job offer on hand. You can go back and Use the NOC , get new job offer and a new employment visa. I can visualize 3 month at least.

But if your new company has manpower approval, you can request old company for transfer of sponsorship in "Sanath" form which is available in Arabic Typing centres.
If your old company agrees to transfer sponsorship then you can get new employment visa without exiting.This is best option and has more safety .
In your case your best way forward will be hoping new company gets MOM approval and old company can do a local release by transferring sponsorship

Can you tell me more about sannath? And in this case will my company loss a visa quota? I think they don't want to loss a visa quota.

sk4

This information is on an  another blog and reproduced. So much of confusion on NOC. Not sure of veracity of the arguement. This is just for wider discussion

"There were and still are 2 ways of changing jobs in Oman.The common thread between the 2 is that the new employer has to obtain a clearance for your employment. This is the key requirement as there are multiple documents that have to be submitted by the new organization to secure your clearance proving that an expat is required and the role cannot be filled by an Omani (at least not to date). This is a very important document for any expat to get a visa. Now, what I was given to understand, a clearance issued is valid for 15-18 months before which it must be assigned/ issued to an expat. Once assigned to an expat, it stays as long as the expat is in the country. If the expat leaves the job after the initial 15-18 months, the clearance just expires. Why this is important becomes clear in the next part.

Coming back to the 2 ways of shifting jobs:

The first one used to be to leave the country getting your visa cancelled and the new organization applies for a new visa using their clearance. Now, this is where the NOC comes in. The NOC is a letter (just a letter in Arabic and English on the official letterhead) issued by the existing employer on your visa getting cancelled stating that they have cancelled your visa and that they have No Objection to you working elsewhere. Generally, this letter is given to the new employer at their request. So, the new employer takes all the documents that used to be previously as well required and add this NOC letter and apply for a new visa. Here the existing employer DOES NOT lose the clearance. But, they have to apply for a new clearance claiming it to be a REPLACEMENT CLEARANCE.This process takes anywhere between 3 weeks to 2 months. [This is a long time in business terms, and is a reason why employers are loathe to issue NOC's]

The second process used to be called transfer. Here the exisiting employer used to fill up and sign an official form and this used to be submitted by the new employer in the ministry transferring the clearance and visa to the new employer. In this case the expat simply stayed in the country and everything was done locally. This is now called a RELEASE. In case the existing employer now issues a Release, he loses his clearance. But, if the new employer has a clearance already and the employee has already completed 2 years, the existing employer still retains the right to ask for a new clearance (not a replacement clearance). This is where the trouble starts. The new clearance takes anywhere between 3-6 months.

Just the amount of time it takes to get either a Replacement or a New Clearance is what spoils the intentions of the existing employer.

But none of this is properly ever communicated to people and some organizations take their employees for a ride. In most cases, the existing company never loses a clearance or the right to apply for one. It is just that they do not want the employee to leave to competition. The fact that the media or relevant people never highlight this process properly gives everyone a wrong picture.

So - if you leave Oman, and cancel your visa, your employer can apply for a replacement clearance once your visa is cancelled, and should therefore have no problem with giving you a NOC once you've had your visa cancelled.

Well that changes things a bit doesn't it?"

http://www.muscatmutterings.com/2015/05 … -more.html

This is as per one blog. Make your own enquiries

I am on tourist visa in oman. This is my first time in oman. I found a job. Now i need also noc for employment visa or i can change the visa directly???

Hi Sohairmalik,

A NOC is needed only if an expatriate has been employed and wishes to shift jobs within Oman.

Changing a tourist visa to an employment visa is highly unlikely unless the company you are going to join can pull some serious strings at the concerned ministries.

So sir i want NOC or no??
Someone told me just exit to oman than ur company can apply ur visa and come back on employment visa mean no need noc just need to exit from oman..
But i wants to know from u

Sohairmalik wrote:

So sir i want NOC or no??

No.

Hi sir i need ur help again..
I have diabetes so is it effects on visa medical

Hi Sohairmalik,

The GAMCA pre-employment medical screening is to primarily check if the candidate is healthy and free from any contagious diseases.

Diabetes is a non-contagious disease. So you would not be declared as 'unfit' only because of that one reason.