Visas needed for 1 year extended vacation in DR???

Have lease on condo in Punta Cana for 1 year in 2016 for wife and I.  What visas are required for this extended vacation, with no plans of working in DR??

Welcome to the forum

There is no 1 year visa.  Just plan on paying the over stay fee Which for you will be $5000 RD for a year and $6500 for up to 18 months.

Bob K

Bob is giving you good advice..and welcome to the forums!

yup, no question, right answer Bob!  That's a per person penalty...

what are the benefits of a long term tourist visa. I am moving to costambar and expect to live there permently but one never knows so a tourist visa may be right for me

There is no such thing as a long term tourist visa. If you plan to live long term apply for residencia.

Since you have to return to your country to apply for the residency VISA, if you really plan to stay in the country then you might want to apply before coming here.  Otherwise you will have to return to your country to get some documentation from there and get it translated, legalized etc. at the Dominican consulate in your country of origin.  If you don't mind returning to your country to do that, and you have no need for a cedula for work purposes etc., then you can pay an overstay fine when you leave and no one is going to bother you about it.  The overstay fine can be purchased before you leave in a local Migracion office no questions asked.  I just happen to have one within walking distance and it's a 5 minute process.  12-18 months is 6500 pesos.  More detail about all of this can be found reading through the previous threads.

thank you planner. I was just asking because I saw other people talking about it and I had never heard of such a thing

No worries,  always better to ask.