Unfortunately, we have not yet been able to finalize your application

Hi guys, I applied for a fiancé permit to get married in Norway, the application was received by UDI on the 24th of december 2014. I've been getting monthly emails notifying my that my application is still waiting to be processed but recently on September 6th 2015 I got this email:

Dear applicant

Unfortunately, we have not yet been able to finalize your application

Please note that the case processing time may have changed since you submitted your application. You will always find an up-to-date case processing time for your kind of application on www.udi.no/time.

We will let you know if there is anything you can do to speed up the application process.

We have registered your date of birth as 00.00.00

Please use your reference number 2014000000000 (DUF-number), if you need to contact the Directorate of Immigration (UDI) or the police.

It is not possible to reply to this e-mail. If you need more information, please see our website: www.udi.no

Best regards,
the UDI

My fiancé called UDI and they said my application is in a pile that is waiting to be look on. Can anyone give any information as to how long it normally takes to get the result after receiving this email?

Thanks
Andre

With my experiemce i received my result 2 months after receiving that email :)

I hope you get yours soon

Thanks I hope its the same with me, a couple hrs ago I got the regular email

Your application for a residence permit is still waiting to be processed

so thats two emails in one month.. surely it must be almost ready :)

Yep think positive it will be ready soon and all the long wait will be worth it :)

Hi stephy and dizzy! :)

Did you start receiving your monthly emails from UDI a month after you submitted your application up until you received the result? I was just wondering why i have not receive any email or update from them since it's already one month after i submitted my application. Btw i applied 17 Aug 2015

Hi Shelly, I started receiving monthly emails as soon as it was received by UDI (they will tell you in an email when they have received your application) then I've been getting monthly emails after that. Did you get a confirmation from udi that they have your application? .. if not then you probably have to wait on that. I think they will email you as soon as they get your application.

it took almost 5 weeks for UDI to get my application..and my application was submitted to a consulate then they sent it to the closest Norwegian embassy.

BTW: I'm still waiting on my result.. hopefully i'll get it soon. :)

Yeah, i received a confirmation from UDI last 20 Aug 2015, i was just waiting for the regular email or update that they will send on my first month but unfortunately i have not heard anything from them. I wonder why.

But anyway, goodluck on yours and just believe you will receive the result soon! :)

Thanks, hopefully you will start receiving your monthly emails soon. Give it until next month ;) and good luck your with application.

With mine i submitted my application june 26 and then july 2 i received an email that udi received my application. The first regular email that i have received started in November 2014 until june 2015.

Ahh ok, so i should not panic then that i have not yet received my first monthly email from UDI. Hehe  :D

Thanks for that info drizzy and stephy!  :top:

Yes i think it will come. You may also check your bulk/spam mails as sometimes they go there :)

we have the same experience...I received an email stating that finalization Aug 25, monthly I received email that still waiting for process every 10th of the month but in Aug I received 2 emails..then this Sep 10 I received the regular still waiting process email.  When did u applied?  I hope we will have the same result as Stephy..

Same experience,, two mails in August, then one this month the regular one, its my 17th month of waiting,i applied in April 24th 2014, udi received my application in may 27th same year from the embassy, quite confusing but one thing am sure, the waiting is worth it

Shennils wrote:

we have the same experience...I received an email stating that finalization Aug 25, monthly I received email that still waiting for process every 10th of the month but in Aug I received 2 emails..then this Sep 10 I received the regular still waiting process email.  When did u applied?  I hope we will have the same result as Stephy..

My application was received at UDI december 23rd 2014, based on when we got the email about finalizing the application it seems like we might be getting through around the same :) hopefully ;)

hi girls.

lets hope that this means ur applications are already in front of the queue and they are already processing it.. :) without having to attend an interview,  maybe its 2 months of processing if UDI is gonna request for a "vandelsattest" from the politi.. based on what UDI told my husband, this is a new process/step implemented by the UDI to make sure there is no history of violence/abuse in the sponsor's police records.. although we dont know if all cases have to go thru this step.. maybe they added this as precaution coz of the rising number of visa renewals filed thru domestic violence/abuse..

hoping for ur good news to come soon :)

For us, we have already been interviewed  and the results back to udi a month ago

Just an update on my case. I've received this email from udi after my application was received 1 year ago dec. 23. 2014

Dear applicant

We need further information in order to process your case.

We have therefore forwarded your application for a residence permit to the police for an interview.

What happens next?

The police will contact you or your family member (your reference person). This may take some time, and we ask for your patience.

You will be notified as soon as the police have returned the application to the UDI.

You will always find an up-to-date case processing time for your kind of application on www.udi.no/time.

We have registered your date of birth as 00.00.00.

Please use your reference number 201400000000 (DUF-number), if you need to contact the Directorate of Immigration (UDI) or the police.

It is not possible to reply to this e-mail. If you need more information, please see our website: www.udi.no

Best regards,
the UDI

My fiance called UDI and they said its nothing to worry about because the interview in now routine. Her local police will conduct an interview then send the application back to UDI.

If anyone else have been in a similar situation can you give me any information on how long it normally takes UDI after the interview? (I hope it doesnt go back in the main que.. that would be devastating!)

hi,
i got the same email as you have got now and exactly 3 months after  i was granted . but my was family reunification with minor kids.

good luck !

Drizzy wrote:

Just an update on my case. I've received this email from udi after my application was received 1 year ago dec. 23. 2014

Dear applicant

We need further information in order to process your case.

We have therefore forwarded your application for a residence permit to the police for an interview.

What happens next?

The police will contact you or your family member (your reference person). This may take some time, and we ask for your patience.

You will be notified as soon as the police have returned the application to the UDI.

You will always find an up-to-date case processing time for your kind of application on www.udi.no/time.

We have registered your date of birth as 00.00.00.

Please use your reference number 201400000000 (DUF-number), if you need to contact the Directorate of Immigration (UDI) or the police.

Best regards,
the UDI

My fiance called UDI and they said its nothing to worry about because the interview in now routine. Her local police will conduct an interview then send the application back to UDI.

If anyone else have been in a similar situation can you give me any information on how long it normally takes UDI after the interview? (I hope it doesnt go back in the main que.. that would be devastating!)

Hi Drizzy, I got this email today and its my 9th month waiting..I applied in April 2015.  Any update on your end????

Cheers!

no updates as yet.. I'll post here when I have any updates... you do the same ;)

What requirements did you submit for the fiance permit? Do they ask for a house contract,? My boyfriend is getting benefits from nav too and he works 2 to 3 days a week, i have been to norway like 5 times, i Wonder if they will grant me a fiance visa if i apply?

If your boyfriend gets benefits from NAV your chances are very low because one of the requirements is that the sponsor doesn't recieve benefits from NAV for 12 months. It clatso 5900kr to apply.  I wouldn't spend the money applying unless you have a good chance.

helo
everybdy
after interview how long to waıt? and after emaıl to call ınterwıev when they wıll call?

have same exprınce

Drizzy wrote:

no updates as yet.. I'll post here when I have any updates... you do the same ;)

Hi Drizzy,

Still waiting to be called in for interview? We still waiting since January now 16 months.

Hi, My fiancé recently got called for an interview in early September. applied from Dec. 2014. :(

Can anyone tell me how long after the interview does it take to get a response?

Drizzy wrote:

Hi, My fiancé recently got called for an interview in early September. applied from Dec. 2014. :(

Can anyone tell me how long after the interview does it take to get a response?

2014! No way...what was your waiting period? have you really waited  without any issues on your application or there was an issue that caused you to wait longer?

We are going on 17 months  now and although our waiting period is 17 months we have still not been called in for an interview.

What police district is your fiance registered at? If it is in Oslo might take long! We have been transfered to Oslo political since January and we have not been called in for the interview

We are in the Oslo district....the waiting period was 9 months at first but at 9 months they informed us that they needed an interview with my fiance so it will take longer.. then recently they contacted her and arranged an interview for September.... its about 22 months now.

Drizzy wrote:

We are in the Oslo district....the waiting period was 9 months at first but at 9 months they informed us that they needed an interview with my fiance so it will take longer.. then recently they contacted her and arranged an interview for September.... its about 22 months now.

As long as she has been for and completed the interview you should be done hopefully soon! not much longer! If she hasn't then we might be in the same boat as it seems the waiting period at Oslo Politi has gone to 14 months now... Incredible they can't even keep too their own waiting period!

Hello. I just wanna ask if how many months do I have to wait for my application of family immigration?  It says that the case processing takes usually 4 months. I applied here in Norway by the way. I feel anxious since I haven't heard anything from it.  My last update was 2 months ago about my laboratory test to be forwarded to police. Can somebody share their experiences to enlighten me.

after my application was received by UDI  December 2014 I've finally been granted resident permit.  :D

Drizzy wrote:

after my application was received by UDI  December 2014 I've finally been granted resident permit.  :D

Yaaay! Such good new's,  congrats Drizzy and I wish you both best of luck with the future...

How long did it take after interview?

abimk wrote:
Drizzy wrote:

Yaaay! Such good new's,  congrats Drizzy and I wish you both best of luck with the future...

about 6 weeks

Drizzy wrote:
abimk wrote:
Drizzy wrote:

about 6 weeks

Yikes....thought it wouldn't take long...ours next month...really hoping they transfer back to UDI on time and they make their decision...

Greatt congrats

why do they need a laboratory test?what kind of test is it?

Update! 19 months an interview and 4 days after our visa has been granted! Thank God.

abimk wrote:

Update! 19 months an interview and 4 days after our visa has been granted! Thank God.

Congrats! are you coming to Oslo ?

Drizzy wrote:
abimk wrote:

yes. How long was the visa you got?

abimk wrote:
Drizzy wrote:
abimk wrote:

yes. How long was the visa you got?

6 months.. I think that is what they give anyone who wants to get married in norway... just have to get married during that period then apply for the first 1 year resident permit.