Belgians in Brisbane?

I've moved from Belgium to Australia 5 years ago with my Australian partner.  I'm living in Brisbane's North side and would like to get in touch with other Belgians or Dutch people. If anyone would like to get together an evening after work or in the weekend, let me know :-)

Isabelle

Hi Isabelle,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Priscilla

Hey Isabelle :)

Have you heard from Belgians in Brisbane ?

Maï

Hi Maï,

No, I haven't unfortunately, seems like they're hiding :-)  Do you live in Brisbane?

Hello, I'm from Belgium as well. I have lived in Brisbane for 7 years in total. :) It's true that they are not common, the ones I met are just travelling by or staying temporarily. So I am surprised to see this post here!

Hi!  Are you still in Brisbane? I'm glad I'm not the only one who has the impression there aren't a lot of Belgians :-) Plenty of Dutch people though, or maybe Belgians aren't as keen to get in touch with each other :-)

Hi Isabel,
i'm mirko i'm Italian,i live in forest lake and few days ago I been at "master"shop here, and I seem that I seen a dutch club ,if you are interested this is the link

I think that club there are more families and "old people" but try to go, me i'm 26 years old and I go to Italian club and I feel little bit more at home :)

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Sharing of external links and websites not allowed on the forum

Ciao Mirko,

Thanks for the link :-) It seems the Dutch are a bit more sociable than the Belgians, I've met some Dutch people but the Belgians seem to hide...  Glad to hear you've found an Italian club, it helps to be in touch with people from your own country.  I hope you're enjoying Australia!