Moving pets from Vietnam to New Zealand

we are moving back to NZ and need to move 2 our dogs with us. The problem is that NZ doesnt allow to import pets from Vietnam.
The solution is to move them to one of the eligible countries such as Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong for 6 months and the after this period to move them to NZ.
The quetions are:
1. Where to find what documetns are needed to export pets from Vietnam and what procedures are?
2. I contacted some pet moving companies and kennels in these countries regarding accommodating our dogs for 6 months and looks like kennels and pet hotels are very expensive. Do you know other cheaper options for their accommodation? Maybe in families?

Hi madinakiwi,

Great to have you on board :)

Please note that your post is now on the New Zealand Forum for better visbility and more interactions

Thank you

Maximilien

From my understanding if you are importing pets from Vietnam to say Hong Kong they will still need to be quarantined for a minimum of four months. Will you still be planning to keep the dogs there for an additional two months or a full six months after the quarantined period? Even after they arrive in New Zealand they will still need to be quarantined again for at least two weeks if I am not mistaken.

https://www.afcd.gov.hk/english/quarant … b_idc.html