Thinking of Moving to Lima

I have been there twice.Lima was okay.I live in Vancouver and have a nice job and comfy life here.If I move to LIma I would need a job.I work for City of Vancouver,union wages etc.I bring little skill to LIma,except maybe English.
I hope people can steer me towards more info re.a job,safety,medical coverage,do they have a Welfare system as we do in Canada ? Is it easy to find work there ? How much are normal wages etc.Any info would be great.Thanks.

Well It all depends. I don't have an exact info since I have not lived there for 10 years but I can relate some of what I've learned. If you have a job that allows you to have a comfy life, then I don't suggest you to move to Peru permanently without resources. If you don't like your job, or if you want to further your career and you believe that Peru is the place to do it, then go ahead but be cautious. Since I don't have much info about you, I'll just respond to what I'm understanding from your post. You've said that you work for the City of Vancouver, so I'm guessing it is a gov. job, If you can apply to work for the embassy of Canada in Peru or any multinational, then do it since finding job without any skills besides English will be hard. There are many language institutes, but the good ones are already saturated with a lot of professors or applicants. You can always try to apply to teach in an university, if you have master or similar degree. or if you like kids: private schools.

Medical coverage: private insurance ranges from $30 to 200 (dollars) monthly, it all depends on your age and the features you want (this pricing is for 20 to 40 years old people)
National insurance: I have heard it starts from $7 but the service is so so.

There is no welfare system in Peru, just some programs from the gov. like free food and etc.

Minimum wage = 750.00 soles, with the exchange rate = $250. You can always make more, it all depends on your qualifications and your employer. Also, it is 14 payments per year (twice in July and December). But remember that you are taxed at 30% for being a nonresident, you have to reside in the country for 183 days, then the rate varies from 15% to 30% depending on your income. But I've heard there is a trick to it, If you do not comply or complete the 183 days in one year, then you are still tax at 30% the whole next year. In other words, if you are thinking to move to peru and reside there, go on May - June, so you can fulfill that 183 days requirement (please verify if this is true since I've heard it from someone)

Safety: I don't have much info, but I'm guessing that there are pickpockets and several people doing scams so be careful of those. I've heard and read from news about violent crimes on the rise but most have occurred in certain parts. Like in any country there good and bad places. I'm also trying to find out about safety since it is one of the factors for me to move back to Peru.

Could somebody please recommend some neighbourhoods in Lima, letçs say, middle class, for professionals, safe, close to supermarkets, drugstores, but not as expensive as Miraflores? Also some info about doctors and clinics. My mother is a senior citizen. Thank you