Duqm is a good place to Work and Live

Can any body give me some idea about Duqm.
I am goining to Move in.
                      thanks.

Hi sohailsanya,

What would you like to know about Duqm please?

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

I want somebody from duqm to respond to my blog.there r very very old blogs avaible about this place.
I want to know about the working condiion,climate,facilities,cost of living in duqm.i am moving to duqm as expat.
I am afraid because this place 700km away from Muscut.?remote place,etc.
please any body from this place respond.
            Thanks.

Dear priscilla,
Duqum is faraway from muscat as you said.its a desert area.living condition may be quiet defficult bcz lack of facilities like school, hospitals, super markets and also unexcepted weather.
but living cost is very low compare with any other place like ruwi,nizwa,barka.
regards
thomas from ruwi

Thanks Thomasalex.

I
Mr. Thomas
are you assisting in getting jobs in duqm.

##    [email protected]

To work yes

To live I dont think so

As has been mentioned already, it's a fair way from Muscat.

I use to visit Duqm whilst they were develping the port there but it's 3 years sinc my last visit so all I can tell yiou is how it was.

Over the last few years Duqm has been developed with the arrival of the Oman Dry Doc Company (ODC) facility which is run by one of the Korean conglomerates of whom I forget their name.

If you are working for the ODC, the work ethic will be strongly a Korean one but the workers accommodation is of a good standard and will be shared with others depending on your role.

They use to rotate people in on a 3 weeks on 1 week off due to it's remoteness and boredom factor but who knows, with various hotels having set up there, an new airport, rail head and a development zone all having gone ahead, it may be more of an exciting place.

What will you be doing there?

Dear QFB,
Thanks .
I am an Orthopaedic surgeon.
I  offered an job in a proposed new  35 beded Medical Centre in Duqm.its goining to start from 15 oct.2015.
I am having 16yrs experience.
Hospital hr is waiting for approval from MOH.Oman.
I am hoping good working and living conditions.    Thanks.

Well best of luck to you. 
At least you can fly down to Duqm now which saves you a rather tedious road trip of numerous hours  but I would recommend doing the road trip some time to or from Mucat where you branch off just before Nizwah.

That way you get to see some of the country and the road up to Nizwah scenery wise is interesting as is the fort there.

Thanks QFB.
sure I will enjoy road trip as told by you.