KITAS - renewal process

Hello

Unfortunately and carelessly - I have damaged my KITAS (washed it in washing machine).  I have checked with my company agent and they are saying the duplicate can be obtained from Immigration office - but the charges are 5 Million Indonesian Rupiah which is very very  expensive.
When asked the reason for such a high fees - they mentioned that my KITAS is still valid till 3 months so the charges are high (did not understand the logic)

Does anyone know a better and cheaper option. 

Thanks in advance.

Hallo..

I'm so sorry about your KITAS... And from my experience base on your case  is, make report to tho police (BAP process) and then make a new kitas again.

Lily

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Message edited : no free ads here please + register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

You don't need to make a new KITAS again, you can get replacement at the Immigration but certainly you have to pay for it.

happyhour wrote:

You don't need to make a new KITAS again, you can get replacement at the Immigration but certainly you have to pay for it.

Correct.. and there's no way around it.
Too late this time, but lock your KITAS away safe, never carrying it with you.

Perhaps carrying around is OK but you should not wash it  :dumbom:

Thanks All

I will certainly not wash it again - :)

Just wanted to check if anyone has an idea if the charges are around 5 million rupiah .. or is there any other cheaper option.

Lamib1503 wrote:

Thanks All

I will certainly not wash it again - :)

Just wanted to check if anyone has an idea if the charges are around 5 million rupiah .. or is there any other cheaper option.

I don't know the exact charge, but I understand it's more than the original fee.
No bribes, sorry, cheaper options are available.

happyhour wrote:

No problem in carrying a KITAS or KITAP around, but it's not required for you to do so, and it's a pain if it's lost.
Just carry your KTP OA or SKTT, and all is well.

Fred wrote:
happyhour wrote:

No problem in carrying a KITAS or KITAP around, but it's not required for you to do so, and it's a pain if it's lost......(or washed it).........

You can go directly to immigration. The price maybe is not that high.

in a zoo, there are monkeys.. stay out of the zoo to avoid monkeys..

Agree lot of monkeys around...stay away from them if you can

alternatively you may try fly over to Singapore and visit the Embassy for assistance, the last time I check with them (this year) the price quoted was below SGD$200

Shawn_Chang wrote:

alternatively you may try fly over to Singapore and visit the Embassy for assistance, the last time I check with them (this year) the price quoted was below SGD$200

Makes no sense to fly to Singapore, the whole thing would cost much more if you add flight, hotel and time.

Even not sure if the consulate would issue a replacement card.

What exactly was quoted to you below SGD 200?

Whoops..my bad..i missed out the lodging...I enquire about the application / renewal fee...i was quoted around SGD$140 per annum...if i'm not mistaken the KITAS has 2 years validity..so i guess is $280 in total?

I am sure you mix up things now. A consulate will not issue a KITAS, they only do once you are residing in Indonesia.

Perhaps you mean the Telex Visa/VITAS which one will need to collect overseas in order to get the KITAS issued in Indonesia.

The KITAS has validity of max 1 year and is extendable without leaving.

2 Years in few cases if holding Director position in a company but also not automatically.

I might have...but thanks for clearing the confusion in my head  :)

Good luck

You might want to check if you do still need a Kitas with regards to the new law applied by the Peesident

What new law are you talking about?

Certainly one still need a work permit and KITAS

u mean get rippoff for it...and replcement//papers watever..their gooona get at u.

carrying around is not ok...most people have a print out copy that.s good enough..

Current advice for those in Jakarta is to carry originals around including the green card issued for the Kitas as well as passports etc. because Immigration and manpower do like to stop expats in malls and places and ask for ID and without it its gets messy.

Copies are useful but not really appreciated any more.

in 15 years n o immigration..manpower has ever asked me for it..and why would manpower ask you in a mall..sorry don.t believe it..copies r used by me in banks..buying bikes..hotels.etc:no1 i know would be silly enough to carry their p/port around which has a kitas in it...that,s askn for trouble....jus keep a copy of Kitas and p/port in yer wallet...u/ll find out how much trouble it is if u loose yer p/port....and wat people may do with it.

I couldnt agree more but I also know people who have been stopped and failed to produce the originals and were taken away for questioning and had to pay their way out. Its the luck of the draw I guess

Last I heard, and this could be out of date by now, expats MUST carry their KTP WNA or SKTT at all times but not the immigration document.
However, I always carried a colour copy of my KITAP and passport ID page covered in clear tape to protect them.
I carried my real passport and KITAP when I was on holiday or anywhere too far from my home area, but always in a waterproof bag in a hidden pocket in order to make sure they were safe.
I have never been stopped by any official anywhere just to ask for immigration documents but I have been asked to show them in banks or when stopped by traffic cops.
I have heard of people being asked in bars during immigration raids but I don't go to such places to there was zero chance of that happening to me.

Maybe that,s Jakarta...never ever had a problem..taken away sounds sus...sounds like someone was after money..corruption...i wouldn.t go anywhere with any official or cop....unless i was charged.he most I.ve ever been asked for is a bike licence.,,,and rego..something doesn.t sound right?

grey area,,yes a work Kitas is needed to work....but if u have a spouse Kitas.Kitap...u can work..in a wife.s family business..ie:  a warong..as long as your help...earnings go to supprt your family.

hahhahhahhahahahaahahlolhahah...the police mightn.t survive where i am ..if they hasseled me...their Bintang supply would be cut..lol...pay.s to be on the good side..I ride off with no helment while they pull a bule over next to me..most of them r nice...jus stay calm.smile and be polite.