Interested in moving to Acapulco Mexico

Hi, My wife and I are interested in moving to Acapulco Mexico. We have three children who are young and need some advice. Thanks!

I consider Acapulco as one of the least desirable beach destinations.  It's huge, expensive and too much crime.   So many more to choose from

A big City with a beach.

I totally agree. you have hirt the nail right on the head.
Last year, I was invited to a Medical Convention in Acapulco and there was a lot going on. The Convention was cancelled because of the Crime.
Thank you for your info.

Thats surprising, the people I have talked to that live there seem to enjoy it. I'll be going down there in February to check it out but I hope if crime is an issue it dies down.

Come, Visit us in San Miguel de Allende. its beautiful, Cultural and very safe.
San Miguel de Allende was voted in 2014 by the international Magazine Conde Nast Traveler as the Best City in the world and it is living up to its reputation.
With an ExPat Population of Plus or Minus 12%, our presence is felt. We are basically the Baby Boomers, and most of us live on a Pension which we could not live on comfortable in the USA, but here, in San Miguel, most of us could afford to rent a nice house, hire a Maid, eat out regularly and more.......
The cost of living is cheap. A taxi ride to most ´places is $35.00Pesos about $2.00.USD. Fresh Fruits and vegetables are very inexpensive. Restaurants abound and of course there are many coffee hot spots, such as, Starbucks, Italian Cafe, and Monet.etc.

(moderated)

Moderated by Julien 8 years ago
Reason : advertising your services is not allowed on the forum - please register in the business directory, thanks
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

What made you choose Acapulco of all places?  Ive been in mexico for 20 years never met or heard of  any expat who chose that place.  If you want a big city with a beach pto vallarta is probly better choice.

The big advantage of acapulco would be access to mexico df if thsts important.  Works both ways, of course