Cost of Living in Dar-es-Salaam - Urgent- Negotiating an offer

Dear Friends

I am an Indian and have been selected by an elevator company in Dar-es-Salaam a Sales Engineer. The company has not disclosed the salary offered, instead they want me to  tell them my minimum required salary.  I am an average lifestyle guy.  Company will provide accommodation and transportation. Would appreciate if you could help me with the below details.

1) Cost of living as a bachelor
2) Cost of living including for 3, Me, my Spouse and my 3 year old kid. Please include School fees. I am just thinking if I should bring my family.
3) Average salary offered to  Elevator Sales Engineer in Tanzania. Here in India I am paid 60000 /- INR per month. I have 3 years of elevator sales experience and 10 years overall.
4) In your view what is the minimum best salary in Tanzania for an average lifestyle with a saving potential of USD 1600 - Savings per month. This is for me to negotiate the offer.

Thanks in advance. Hope you guys help me with near accurate answers

Hi
How are you?

I think the salary base mentioned by you is usually the range that is offered to a person with your years of experience.  It is the savings potential you say of $1600 which as of date is around 105, 000/- Indian Rupees per month which is good and that too tax free.  Secondly,  accommodation  should be separate.  There is a Indian School which is well managed here by Indian High Commission (www.indianschooldsm.org).

Fees for your child should be approx. $100 per month including bus fare but without books.

Bringing family is no issue here and there are more than 100, 000 Indians.  I am staying with my family consisting wife and daughters here since 2007.

I think your company is Wintech Elevators. If yes,  there are guys staying in my building.

Being from gujarat we have advantage of Gujarati language here.

All festivals celeberated here.

Once I here from you on [email protected] , I will share with you my contact number if required to chat on whatsup.

You are welcome here. Not to worry.  This place is far better than Dubai when it comes to Job Security,  Savings,  Visa and Driving Licence.

Jai Ganesh

Thank you very much. The company is TTL Elevators. They have or i believe they are starting there operations in Tanzania. I am given 2 options - Dubai and dar es salaam.

i would be very happy to be in touch with you. Thanks for sharing your email id.

However can you please let me know the cost of living in there as a bachelor and as well as a family, since i am scheduled to have me salary negotiations tomorrow morning

thanks

Cost of living
Bachelor status:
Not more than $200 with today's exchange rate since the currency is devaluating. However, then depends on your living style, clubbing etc.
There are good food served by Jalaram Trust, Swaminayan and other temples including Gurdwara who are very happy to offer you delicious food at no cost in temples.

Family status:
Not more than $400 with good living style.

salesandme wrote:

Dear Friends

I am an Indian and have been selected by an elevator company in Dar-es-Salaam a Sales Engineer. The company has not disclosed the salary offered, instead they want me to  tell them my minimum required salary.  I am an average lifestyle guy.  Company will provide accommodation and transportation. Would appreciate if you could help me with the below details.

1) Cost of living as a bachelor
2) Cost of living including for 3, Me, my Spouse and my 3 year old kid. Please include School fees. I am just thinking if I should bring my family.
3) Average salary offered to  Elevator Sales Engineer in Tanzania. Here in India I am paid 60000 /- INR per month. I have 3 years of elevator sales experience and 10 years overall.
4) In your view what is the minimum best salary in Tanzania for an average lifestyle with a saving potential of USD 1600 - Savings per month. This is for me to negotiate the offer.

Thanks in advance. Hope you guys help me with near accurate answers

Please check the topics in the forum categories list on the upper right hand side of this page. Click on a topic and read the posts there for information.