Communication issues

Can someone tell me why people get offended when they do not understand you?
A Lithuanian lady got so mad at me today when I was trying to buy a ticket at a side shop. She did not speak English and when I tried to explain in different ways she started to act weird .
I found it so funny because English is not my mother language either. I started to smile and ask for help to another person next to me for translation. I tried to take it easy.
Finally I managed to buy ticket and said thank you to lady in Lithuanian. That was when she was relieved and gave me a better look that felt very close to a smile
:)

dileka2015 wrote:

Can someone tell me why people get offended when they do not understand you?
A Lithuanian lady got so mad at me today when I was trying to buy a ticket at a side shop. She did not speak English and when I tried to explain in different ways she started to act weird .
I found it so funny because English is not my mother language either. I started to smile and ask for help to another person next to me for translation. I tried to take it easy.
Finally I managed to buy ticket and said thank you to lady in Lithuanian. That was when she was relieved and gave me a better look that felt very close to a smile
:)

I don't think she would be offended, probably just frustrated or confused that she didn't understand you.  People often get angry when they don't understand something.

Maybe you are right. But at first I felt really bad and felt like I disturbed her.