Spanish classes in Mexico city

Buenos días, expats!
I recently moved to Mexico City, and barely starting to speak Spanish.
For faster progress, I decided to look into language classes.
So, the question-
Can you suggest any good language schools or private tutors (described by the golden combination "good and cheap")? Preferably located in Condesa or nearby.

Will be grateful.
Best wishes,
Santa

Hi Santa,

You should post an advert in the Language classes in Mexico section please as it might help :)

Thank you

Maximilien

Thank you!
Didn't notice this section

Hey, you don't have to pay. You can practice with the people around here, I can hepl you if you want to.

Edgar Cárdenas wrote:

Hey, you don't have to pay. You can practice with the people around here, I can hepl you if you want to.

As I've gotten older, I have tended to lose to abilities I used to have speaking Spanish.
I have forgotten many grammar rules.
I have lost most of an ability to learn the manners of speaking of the local population.
Some of it may be pronunciation.

Most restaurants I eat at offer a breakfast fruit plate of cantaloupe, watermellon, pineapple and papaya.  I don't like papaya so I order, fruta sin papaya."  Sometimes they hear, "fruta si papaya," and pile on the papaya.  No big deal and they fix it with a smile on their face.

That leads me indirectly to ask the following of fluent English speakers of hispanic descent.

If someone says, "Soy durmiendo" or "Estoy americano,"  does it sound as weird as someone saying "I will make it tomorrow"  when he really means "I will do it tomorrow"  for something that has nothing to do with making anything? 

I'm sure there other examples in English and Spanish but these are the two tytpes of example I think of right now.

Thanks, it will ease a curiosity I've had for a long time.

Hello there Gudgrief,

Thank you for your contribution to this thread, however the post of Edgar Cárdenas is from 2013  :(

It will be most appreciated if you participate to recent threads on the Mexico city forum.

All the best,
Bhavna