Crossing oman to dubai do i need visa?

Do i need visa? Ill be in dubai for visit visa also cause i have family there , hope i can get any advice

To cross to Dubai via road, you will require a labour card, in the event that you are a dependent of your husband, your husbands profession must be listed in the allowable categories as listed by UAE.

Check with the UAE Embassy for more precise info.

Yes u need visa for crossing to both, but u cn buy the visa in to gate.

Hi, so it means even my visa in dubai is tourist visa i can cross in oman buying visa in the gate or aiport of oman? Thanks

Yes you can by Visa in airport or gate jst a small amount of money

Thanks victor for the rrply its very helpful

You are welcome.

Only residents of the G.C.C with a labour card will be allowed to get a visa on arrival at the borders, provided that their profession stated in the labour card is in the allowed categories of profession.

Else, your passport must be from a country that has a diplomatic relationship with Oman in order to get a visa issued at the borders.

This link should throw more light on this topic.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g2940 … Dubai.html

hi
i am eligible to travel in to UAE by road from oman..my wife joined me 2 months back on family dependent visa..is she eligible to enter in to UAE by road or she has to complete 6months stay in oman..

Hi Vikrammys,

Note that this thread here is a bit old and you already have other thread going on the Forum. It's better to start new topics on your own on the Muscat Forum please :)

Thank you

Maximilien

My profasion is cargo agent can travel by road muscat to dubai

Looks like that's going to stop soon for expats . Going by the newspaper report visa on arrival is being stopped and an upfront eVisa process is being put in place

I quote excerpts from yesterday's and today's English 'Times of Oman', for the benefit of all Expat.com readers :

UAE visa rule to hit million-plus expats in Oman

More than one million expatriates in Oman — regardless of their professional status — will now have to apply for an e-visa to obtain entry into the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

Effective from October 1, the UAE announced new visa norms, stating that regardless of their professional status, Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries', resident permit holders would have to apply for an e-visa to enter into the UAE.

Earlier, depending on their professions, many expatriates were able to procure visas-upon-arrival. However, now everyone, barring passport holders from certain countries, will have to apply for an e-visa to travel to the UAE.

“Last month, to reduce the time taken for applicants seeking entry permits, which require sponsorship from a citizen, resident or investor, the UAE had started allowing entry permit applications to be submitted online.

Earlier this month, the UAE's Ministry of Interior announced that will now also accept visa applications for citizens, residents and other stakeholders for a short-term visitor visa, either via the ministry website or through its smartphone application.

“Those who wish to travel to the UAE should plan well in advance. Online applications should be submitted at least three working days in advance”.

Citing a travel alert, “Earlier, depending on their profession, many people were able to procure visas-upon-arrival. However, now everyone, barring passport holders of certain countries, will have to apply for an e-visa to travel to the UAE,”.

The new rule came into effect this month and an e-visa is needed for entry through road, air and sea ports.

“Citizens from European countries and a few South East Asian countries, who have a treaty with the UAE, can still get a visa-on-arrival free of charge for 30 days,”.

Under the previous rules, businessmen and women, and their families from countries such as India, Pakistan, Bangladesh or the Philippines living in Oman- whose countries don't have a treaty with the UAE could claim visa on arrival if their job titles were of senior roles, such as accountants, doctors, lawyers or engineers. But now all have to seek an e-visa.

European Union countries with whom the UAE has a treaty are unaffected by the new ruling, as are countries such as New Zealand, Australia, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia and Andorra, that all have national agreements with the UAE.

According to the travel alert, a GCC residence entry permit is valid for 30 days before entry from the issuance date, and allows a stay period after entry of 30 days, which can be extended to 60 days.

Meanwhile, a GCC accompanied entry permit is valid for 60 days before entry from the issuance date, and the stay period after entry is 60 days, which can be extended by another 60 days.

However, upon arrival, if GCC residency is found to have expired or cancelled, the entry permit holder shall not be granted entry and if the profession of the GCC resident is determined to have been amended after issuance of the entry permit, the holder shall not be granted entry.

“GCC residency must be valid for at least three months from the arrival date and the passport must be valid for at least six months from the arrival date,” the travel alert stated.

The alert added that checks had to be conducted before allowing entry to foreigners with temporary passports.

However, foreigners possessing only emergency passports would not be permitted entry into the UAE.

The travel alert also added that the GCC resident e-visa is only valid for entry into arrival/issuance port in the UAE.

“Visas issued for entry into Dubai are valid for entry only into Dubai,” the alert explained, adding that an e-visa will be sent to the applicant through a registered e-mail address in the application once it is approved.

“However, a GCC resident application will not be approved for any family member if the sponsor is not travelling along with the family members,” the alert added.

Earlier, a GCC resident's family member was not allowed to travel if his or her sponsor was not travelling.

Please can I go to Dubai from Oman as a housemaid

Hi akinbolaboluwatife384,

Yes, you can - if you have a valid entry visa for the UAE.

But unfortunately, you cannot travel by road and get yourself an entry visa in any of the land borders.