B-4-U Rent Out Your URU House & Move to Ecuador All Summer, Read This

Just guessing here, but maybe Cyberhug.me of Punta del Este (posting on the "Only 3,000 U.S. Expats in Uruguay" thread) is not the only one planning this ...

To rent out your house during high season in Uruguay and spend December-February on the coast of low-cost Ecuador while cashing those big seasonal rental checks back home.

Hold everything!  That plan could be a recipe for disaster!

This news may not be getting all that much pub on the Atlantic Ocean side of South America .. but this is an El Niño weather year.  Maybe the strongest one so far this century if forecasts are correct.

The Ecuadorian Red Cross is already holding emergency-preparedness meetings on the EC Coast.

El Niño is a hot-weather-producing, potentially life/property-threatening phenomenon named after the Christ child because it peaks around Christmastime.  That's not to say it stops wreaking havoc until months later.

Before you hand over the keys to your URU house and head for Salinas or Bahía de Caráquez here in Ecuador .. I suggest you investigate the El Niño phenomenon and rethink that choice.

If you do decide on Ecuador, better to seek high ground such as here in Quito* than any place where the big El Niño waves would come crashing down on you at the Pacific Ocean beaches.

cccmedia in Quito, the capital of Ecuador

*And we do mean high ground -- 9,350-foot altitude in Quito.

Thanks.  :)

I'm a native Californian and have lived through severe El Ninos and La Ninas before. I suspect I'll survive this one also.

Live ahead not behind,
crafting not replicating,
choose adventure rather than to be sure,
for much of life's joy is found in surprises that overtake us as we dare.
Allan R. Wallace

cyberhug.me wrote:

Live ahead not behind,
crafting not replicating,
choose adventure rather than to be sure,
for much of life's joy is found in surprises that overtake us as we dare.
Allan R. Wallace

For those not paying close attention, the creative and productive Allan R. Wallace of Punta del Este is the author of the Cyberhug.me books.
www.amazon.com

For anyone looking for a dynamic piece of wall art, you could do worse than make a blow-up from the cover art of his book Sydrathium:  Sword of Kings....

cccmedia in Ecuador