Work in Johor Bahru..

Hello there. I'm new here in Expat.com

In a few days, I am going to JB to find a work. Can anyone help me with the websites or companies to apply with?
Thank you very much!

is that a malaysian number?

Hello quinna corpus,

Welcome to Expat-Blog..:)

Can you please introduce yourself?

You are looking for a job in which sector?

What do you mean by ''is that a malaysian number?'' ? Can you please be clear?

I would advise you to have a look at the MALAYSIA FORUM CODE OF CONDUCT so that you can follow the guidelines.

Concerning the job, I would suggest you to create your CV in the section Jobs in Johor Baharu so that employers can contact you.

Thank you
Yuveshen

hi yuveshen,

thanks for welcoming me.
im quinna, currently in dubai but going to malaysia. im 23 years old and finished accountancy in philippines.
im looking for an accounting jobs but other jobs may also do as long as I can work with it.
there is someone last time posted a number and said call him/her thats why im asking if that is a malaysian number (the post maybe deleted, dont know why and when)
thanks also for the suggestion. ill check it.

regards,
quinna :)

STOP DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY

You won't get a legal job. If it was that easy the 28% unemployed in the Phillipines would all come over! (and India/Indonesia etc etc), Malaysia is a small country with a very small population that only gives work permits to highly qualified people. Yes that includes ASEAN members but the were sent over or are highly skilled (and paid >15k RM) experts in oil and gas etc.

To get a work permit you need to be older than 27 (you are 23) and accountancy typically pays less than 5k min for a work permit. It is very hard to get a work permit for a foreign accountant - often those are very highly paid experts sent for <6 months to set up new company's finance departments. They can't get renewals though as Malaysia has so many accountants.

Actually, as you are Filipina you can work under the foreign worker pass and dont need to have an employment pass (which has the requirements mentioned by Nemodot). That's the good news.

However, it may be difficult to find a job in accountancy, but it will be easier for you than say someone coming from Europe or America, because you are in a different category of worker type.

There are lots of online resources, such as JobStreet, which may be useful. Just Google something like "Accountancy Jobs Johor" and see what comes back. Make sure your CV is really excellent and highlight your knowledge, experience, and strengths. Customer Service Jobs are quite often available.

The number was deleted, because its not encouraged to leave personal contact information on the Forum for safety reasons (or chase the ladies!). The number was overseas and the person was registered overseas and did not seem to be in Malaysia yet.

I must just warn you that immigration may not treat you very well when you come in to Malaysia because they are cracking down on tourists who try to get jobs.

hi nemodot,

I know its hard but I will still try. I know that God will never leave me. its not the money im after to, its about my happiness that matters here. maybe you wouldnt understand what im saying but thanks for the advice.

regards,

quinna - you may not have read my latest posting as it was submitted to the forum at the same time as yours. Take a look.

hi gravitas,
thank you for informing me. if ever my luck is not in malaysia, I may go back to my country but atleast, ive enjoyed the country of malaysia. im still seeing the positive side in it. thank you very much and I hope I can meet you someday.

regards,

Hello Gravitas. I have a job offer in johor bahru. I just would like to know if is it safe to live there? How about bringing the childen, is it safe for them?

JB is safe enough - for a couple with kids ok - no worse than anywhere in Malaysia. Main issue is for singles who go crazy  :huh:  as such a boring place, I know two who only lasted 6 months and  a year there, For a married couple main risk is hubbie gets "distracted"  :whistle:  but that risk happens in all of Asia. Nature of man faced by SPGs - Sarong Party Girl as the Sarong is easily dropped. Singaporean expat wives term  :D  Of course nothing personal just seen it happen a few times. Men we can't help it honestly  :dumbom:  but (semi) joking apart....

JB is known to Singaporeans as the "toilet of malaysia"and. Singaporean men go there  for the cheap/unsafe sex basically (despite the 4 designated prostitution areas in Singapore) ask any Singaporean! Also of course on business nowadays and cheap housing so getting better. That sort of defines the place for its biggest neighbour. However, Iskander and all the new schools plus shopping centres is an attempt to turn JB into something better. I hope they succeed actually. But JB will always be the "illegitimate" little brother of Singapore. Always wanting to prove itself better but Singapore is just well better.