Which schools are the best in Kaula Lampur

hi I WANT TO KNOW WHICH SCHOOLS ARE BEST IN KAULA LAMPUR FOR AN INDIAN CHILD BASED IN BANGALORE.ONE OF MY CHILD IS 7 YEARS OLD AND OTHER ONE IS 3 AND HALF YEARS OLD.

Hi

There are lots of International schools in kuala lumpur.
But then If you are looking for a CBSE pattern school then GIIS.GLOBAL INDIAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL is the best and only  one. they are based in Brieksfeild near kl central.
good luck

Thanks a lot for replying.Well we are looking for an international school so that kids can cope with the ICSE syllabus if we r coming back to India or if we r going to some other country then also we want kids to adjust accordingly.We heard about Garden International School and The International School.Do you have any idea about these schools?Do you know any other school like that?
     Thanks in Advance.

i think the best thing is to google those school on the website , how bout visiting the school in real if u have their address.. good luck

There are 2 international schools in Mt Kiara area
Garden International & Mt Kiara International

But you can also try Sri Cempaka, but I'm not sure whether they take in expats.
All theses schools have websites. Do a google search.

Cheers

Hi Friends,

Would like to know more on schooling in KL.

Like for an Indian is GIIS good or an International school, if so, which one for from Alice Smith to Garden to Mt Kiara the options are soo soo many.

Help!!

Does anyone knows the fees for GIIS in KL.

all international school in Malaysia they take expat..if u want the best ofcourse the fee one of the best. there many in kuala lumpur . google in website sure u will find it.

most of the international schools have IB syllabus which is recognised all over the world and in international schools in India as well...if your child is in grade 8 or below then coping up with CBSE or ICSE after IB shouldn't be that hard...

I did ICSE in India myself and according to the rules if you're doing CBSE in grade 9 and you want to transfer to ICSE after that, then you'll have to repeat grade 9 because ICSE registers their students in grade 9 for the 10th board exams...

so yeah, if your child is in grade 8 or below then doing CBSE here shouldn't be a problem...my personal choice would be joining the IB League.....

Hi Sangita,

I am also exploring schooling in Malaysia for my 9 yr old daughter currently in grade 3.  Wanted to know if you found anything suitable for your child in ICSE curriculam? 

Also any views / thoughts on ELC?  My office will be located in either Petaling Jaya or Bandar Utama, so residence will be within 30 mins distance from either of these places and would prefer the school to also be within 30 minutes of the residence. 

Look forward to hearing from you. 

Rgds,
Indie.

sangitajhunjhunwala wrote:

Thanks a lot for replying.Well we are looking for an international school so that kids can cope with the ICSE syllabus if we r coming back to India or if we r going to some other country then also we want kids to adjust accordingly.We heard about Garden International School and The International School.Do you have any idea about these schools?Do you know any other school like that?
     Thanks in Advance.

Hi Indie,

I am also currently looking for a good school for my 9 year old son currently in Standard 3. I have heard of GIIS and the other schools in Mont Khiara; Garden International School and Mont' Kiara International School. They are way too expensive. Not sure I am ready to spend that kind of money.

I can see that you posted last in september, have you arrived at some decision.

It would be really interesting to hear from Sangita as well.

Many Thanks,
Aribam

Hi Aribam,

Of all the schools that I looked at and compared, Garden Intl and KL Intl School were the comparable ones.  British Intl School was also good however getting in there might be a bit tough for non-Britishers.  This is my assessment. 

Since I am still deciding between KL and S'pore, shld KL work out for me, GIS followed by KLIS will be the choices.   ELC is also another option to consider though there are mixed reviews. However be warned the fees in all these schools are 2.5 to 3.5 times that of GIIS and all of them follow the IGCSE and IB curriculam.

Hope this helps...

Hi Indie,

Thanks a lot for the prompt revert. Appreciate.

Looks like GIIS is clearly not an option for you. Any particular reason behind that. Even though I have heard mixed reviews of GIIS myself would still like to have your views. I haven't still ruled out GIIS as it, in my view, will be easy if I were to move back to India in 2-3 years time. Also itt does have that cost advantage.

Thanks,
Aribam

Garden international school is too many students. The campus is not big but got more than 2000 ++ students.

please suggest good c b s e  schools in kaulalumpur.

My children still go to kindergarten and we pay a total of about RM30k per year for them both.

can somebody guide school in kuala lumpur which teaches CBSE curriculam? I know abt GIIS, but fee structure of school is very high.  i m living in sungai buloh. so transportation is also big issue. kindly guide.

Hi Sunil, unfortunately only Giis teaches Cbse curriculum as far as im aware. and the fees are actually quite low by malaysian standards.

It must be the school with the most expensive tuition fee... :D

shemy,deepak wrote:

please suggest good c b s e  schools in kaulalumpur.

There are none in KL worth considering.

Hi Can nay one help me to find the good school for my daughter in cyber jaya, My daughter is 5 year old and i am planing to leave in The Domain cyber jaya, please help me i am confused where i can get good school and good to leave..

Thanks Lot

Nexus International@

http://schooladvisor.my/?p=internationa … nal-school

UCSI - Subang Jaya

http://schooladvisor.my/?p=internationa … ubang-jaya

Dear Sangita,
Saw you post. We may be moving to KL in Aug/Sept as well and would be interested to know about schooling facilities in KL. My elder son is in grade 3 CBSE in DPS School, Doha. We heard mixed reviews about GIIS School in KL. It will be of great help if you can please share with us your views on GIIS and what are the other options available in KL.
Thanks
Kiran

Vikas international school is good option

Hi,

We are coming to Kuala Lumpur next month and looking for IGCSE syllabus school for my 9 years old child.
Could you please list few good IGCSE schools and academic period as well.

Thanks,
Siva.

sivakami.m wrote:

Hi,

We are coming to Kuala Lumpur next month and looking for IGCSE syllabus school for my 9 years old child.
Could you please list few good IGCSE schools and academic period as well.

Thanks,
Siva.

Hi no such thing really! No such thing as an "IGCSE syllabus" school for a 9 year old!!!

miss siva,

Actually, you may enroll your child to do a foundation course first before continuing with IGCSE. The foundation course  would serve to equip your child with enough basics before he/she continue with IGCSE. It's very important so that the child would be able to cope well with the syllabus. I've been teaching IGCSE subjects for 5 years now. If you have any other questions, you may mail me at ***. Have a nice day.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not post any personal contacts on the forum. Use private messaging

Dear all,

I have experience teaching the IGCSE syllabus for more than 5 years now and i can assure you that the standards of the international schools in Malaysia is dropping significantly. I have many drop out from various schools including and many more due to the reasons that they have not been able to produce good results. They are freaking expensive, but the teachers are not able to deliver good lessons and students are not getting the attention that they deserve. One clear reason is definitely due to the overwhelming number of students. A compromise is made on the quality due to the quantity which is not very good for parents and teachers because at the end of the day, its the parents who are paying the price.

The problem in Asia in general is:

1. Everyone expects their child to get straight As. A lot won't as they don't have the intellect. Indeed expat teachers are usually brought up on the idea that a child's results reflect their natural intelligence . I am more Asian in that every child can aim for an A but some will take longer. But many will take too long to make it worthwhile.

2. The demand is every child is above average. If you don't understand how silly that is go into politics!

3. Cramming gets As but often leads to poor university and career performance.

4. There is no link between academic grades and performance in high end careers (really according to pwc etc)

Two young malaysian friends of mine from sabah have recently come to London to do their A-level. They said the exam papers in UK are easier (different exam board from Asia) and they can get extra help (like interview tactics, etc) to get into medical degree.

samsam123 wrote:

Two young malaysian friends of mine from sabah have recently come to London to do their A-level. They said the exam papers in UK are easier (different exam board from Asia) and they can get extra help (like interview tactics, etc) to get into medical degree.

That is because UK A levels are totally different to so called "A levels" sold in Malaysia (these are more like STPM). I think they may get a shock when the results come out though as they may say easier as less cramming/content but more thinking involved.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Sharing of external links and promotion of own services not allowed