Re entering Montenegro

Hi I read somewhere that if you stay 90 days you can re-enter Montenegro after 6 months from the first date of entry, not straight away. Is that true? Or can one go for a day trip to Dubrovnik and come back to Montenegro for another 3 months?

You can find the latest "Foreigners law" on the website of the Ministry of Interior:
http://www.mup.gov.me/biblioteka/direktorat_UUP/zakoni
Check the article 33 for the short term visa of 90 days and you will find the answer to that question.

Many people used to go in and out every 90 days, and it used to be tolerated, but it is less and less and in fact not legal, therefore it is risky.

Hello Banjoharp,

I created a new thread from your post  and the feedback you had on the Montenegro forum.

hope it helps,
Bhavna

i get different stories from different people. Some say can just keep doing 90 day  tourist visa, and a week before 90 days up, go cross border to different country, then come back, register for another 90 days. I have done this once, so am on 2nd 90 day tourist visa now. Others say when you wrote...
I am going to see during this 90 days if i have enough of a life here to stay more, if i do, i will do cross border again and back, if not will travel to another country to check it out..

thanks for info. What kind of visa do you have?

i tried the website you sent and got this response??

404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Try again, the link works on my end.
Otherwise search for "foreigners law mup Montenegro" you should be able to find it online.

Personally my "boravak" it's based on my work permit (I have my own company here and am employed in my company).