Moving to Bermuda with spouse

I need some clarification concerning the spouse work permit requirements.

My fiancée has been offered a position as an Audit Senior in Bermuda starting January 2016 for a salary of $72000. 

I would like to find out what the process will be for me to acquire a work permit and to be able to move with her for the 2 year contract to Bermuda?

Please note that I will not have to work for us to be able to stay in Bermuda, but we do want the option of me finding a job some time during the two her two year contract.  We're also not

Do we have to be married before she starts working in Bermuda?

Do we need to apply for my work permit immediately or can we apply later on when she has already started working in Bermuda?

I would really appreciate some assistance.

Hi JG1976...
You can apply for a permit to 'seek and reside' in Bermuda as a fiance, or you will have to leave every 3 months if you enter as a tourist. there is the same amount of paperwork and process as she had to submit for her work permit..If the immigration dept finds the paperwork acceptable they will provide you with a permit to seek and reside, you then have to look for a job and have that company that wants to hire you supply you with a work permit. ( please check the immigration website for accurate and most up to date info)
http://www.immigration.gov.bm/portal/server.pt

- So no you do not have to be married before she starts work... ad depending on the paper work submitted as a fiance you may acquire your permit to seek that way.
- I would recommend applying for your permission to seek permit immediately as it may take some time and save you from having to leave in 3 months.

Happy to answer any other questions you may have!  I went through the same thing!

Hi my Fiance as been offer a job In Bermuda its a 3 year contact andI want to move with him what do I have to do to get a permit to find wirk so i can stay with him

Hi my Fiance as been offer a job In Bermuda its a 3 year contact andI want to move with him what do I have to do to get a permit to find wirk so i can stay with him

-@jogriffiths1971

Perhaps get your partner's employer for information.