Cost of living for a month

hello, my name is marcelo, i am mexican you can help me? i want to know the price of life for a month, sorry my english is little. next i want to work in jamaica

Hello Marcelo,

Welcome on board  :)

Since you were off-topic on the other thread, i created a new discussion from your post on the Jamaica forum so that you may get some feedbacks.

Best of luck
Bhavna

Hi Marcelo

The approximate cost of living here would be anywhere from 50,000 to 80,000 Jamaican dollars if your accommodation and travel are taken care of.

If not accommodation starts from 25,000 Jamaican dollars and no upper limit depending upon where you are going to stay. Utilities separate. You have share taxi starting 100 Ja $

Overall if you have 200,000 Jamaica dollars should suffice easily for a good month stay. You may cut corners as and when needed.

Education starts from 70,000 Ja $ per term depends on school and grade

are you sure about the cost? what about the cost of purchasing a vehicle, insurance for car and health, gas etc.. if you can get me some info on that i would really appreciate it.

Cheers

Well I m spending it so yes. Car I have seen used ads from 2mn j $ if any cheaper available I don't know.

Health insurance here is costly, mostly taken  y the company u work for. Else go online and check aetna the pricing is online.