Permanent Visa Cost, & Necessity of Apostilles

Hi all,

I really feel I need a Cédula (to be able to get bank account , get a postpaid cell plan, buy a car...) would like to get a permanent Visa. Had started the process online, and thought it only cost $50,  but my 30 days to pay ran out. (Sooo annoys me that they don't take foreign debit or credit cards on online payment sites here!)

When I was applying again I saw another fee for about $200, or maybe it was total? So my question is, do you have to pay it all when you go, or just the $50 for the estudio, and then pick the up latet Visa & pay the rest then? Or do yhey do the entire process while you're there?

Also, do they REALLY  require you to get an SSA Benefit letter Apostilled, or has anyone gotten by with just the plain letter?

Lastly, I was here from April to May, came back in June, got a 3 month Visa, was going to go home for a week, but maybe not now. Since the 1st month wasnt contiguous with these last 3 months, I can still get 3 more months  w/o leaving the country, right? (While I get the T-7)

Also, for the tourist Visa, do I go to the airport, or the Cancilleria?

Hope I'm  making sense!

Jennifer

There is a wealth of free info at www.colombianvisas.com .  They will also--for a fee--manage the whole process for you..

faheywilson wrote:

There is a wealth of free info at www.colombianvisas.com .  They will also--for a fee--manage the whole process for you..

Thanks for that, I will check it out. It's so confusing. I was just reading something like, if you apply for the Visa in the US, you don't have to get the documents apostilled...I think the Cancilleria has a chat feature, I just never remember to go ask during business hours.

Oops, actually that link didn't work...

The link didn't work for me either

Sorry folks,,, Try colombiavisas.com without the http or www ,  Suerte!

The Cancillería and Migración Colombia sites themselves are pretty good sources, kind of simple enough to not be giving money away to people for it, IMO, I just wanted to know if there was anyone who had done it personally, and what their experience was, should probably have been more clear....