Delaying in Work Permit

Hi Everyone,

I am from Sri Lanka. I received my job offer on early in January (8th) to work in Male as a lecturer in psychology and waiting for the work permit after submitting all the relevant documents.  But still i am not able to get the status of my work permit and once I am asked from the college they said that they have already applied.

I am really worrying that I immediately resigned in my previous university in Sri Lanka because they asked me that they need an exact date of join in writing as it will take only 14 days to process the work permit.  This is ridiculous and I don't know whether I am stressing my self unnecessarily.  Anyway at least if they can directly verify that this is not working, even I can try for some other destination.

Please advise what is the procedure and the time taken for the work permit. 

Thanks in advance
Udara

Sometimes work permit takes long especially if they have to get a quota and then get work permits. You should ask them for status and updates which I believe can give you some comfort. It's an online process and sometimes employer also gets lost without knowing any proper updates. Wish you good luck.

Thanks makhma on your prompt reply and you made my day.  So I'll wait for another few days.

I got my work permit yesterday and I am coming there on 24th.  Thanks for the support that you people were given me when I was in blues and see you all soon.

Hi everyone,
     I apply work permit from 13.08.2015.when i get my work permit

Hi to all;

For those who wants to work here and offered a job, please confirm first how soon they can provide the Visa before resigning.Usually, company requires quota to obtain a work visa for their new staff. Getting a visa will take 7 to 15 working days but obtaining a quota is a different story.To make it simple, company cannot apply for a work visa if they dont have quota. In obtaining a quota, there would be a government requirement need to comply first.that is beyond your control (that sometimes takes forever. hehehe)

So as a piece of advise to all, its is hetter to know all this matter to your upcoming employer. Make your own investigation Know if your company you re dealing is capable of giving you a work visa or under going completion of requirements to get a quota. Both procedures requires a push from your employer.

Cheers=)

Thank you sir

hello everyone can some one tell how nuch must i bring lnto maldives before resuming work cos i was offer a job and i wasnt allow in by the immigration cos i dont have up to $1000 i have my work permit

Hi Udara! I too am from sri lanka and is facing a similar problem. I'm so worried and is jobless at home.
Roughly how many days did u have to wait for visa?

Its the same mindset at the beginning. I had the same about one year ago. Sometimes it takes around two weeks. And sometimes companies delay it to submit to immigration. Once it is submitted it doesn't take much time. Maximum a week or one and a half weeks.

I have been offered a job in a well reputed resort. HR has applied for work permit on 14th June however I am still awaiting my work permit. Does this takes so long normally?

You got your work permit

Not yet, still waiting, have contacted my employer, they said its still under process

Which company is that even me same issue lam about to give up

Four Seasons, what about you and sice how long you gave been waiting

Waldorf Astoria Maldives I have waited for two months ,what exactly are they telling you

They are saying that its under process and will let me know once the permit gets approved. What is your employer saying, younare from which country and which department you have been recruited.

Can you inbox me we talk

They are telling me the same thing but I have waited so long

Have you received your work permit

Not yet

Did you get your work permit

I've selected to the job in Maldives an got a offering letter as well. And until now spend more than 2 weeks to get the work permit. I ask from the company & they told me that, they've already applied for it & once received it to them they are send it to embersy for take the contract attestation process. Kindly let me know whether is this true or not & should I wait more days because of this.

Thank you

Me too bro, It is already two weeks and 3 days. I still waiting, I don't know what is the issue.

I am from india. I received my job offer on early in last month to work in Male resort and waiting for the work permit after submitting all the relevant documents.  But still i am not able to get the status of my work permit and once I am asked from the employer they said that they have already applied.

I am really worrying that I immediately resigned in my previous job because they asked me that they need an exact date of join in writing as it will take only 14 days to process the work permit.  This is ridiculous and I don't know whether I am stressing my self unnecessarily.  Anyway at least if they can directly verify that this is not working, even I can try for some other destination.

Please advise what is the procedure and the time taken for the work permit.

Thanks in advance

MAHESH

@maheshathi99

Hi Sister,

Once the permit has been submitted, I should be available within a maximum of two weeks. I believe the company has already applied for the work permit, so you just need to be patient and wait. It might take a bit longer this time due to Ramadan, but don't worry too much.