Did I do the right thing?

Hi

I am currently teaching in South Africa.  From last year I had a craze to move to Abu Dhabi.  My friend's wife works in Al Ain.
She loves it.  Ever since I have been applying.  After my third interview I got accepted at a school in Abu dhabi.  But I turned it down.  The package wasn't accommodating my family.

I am depressed coz I turned down an opportunity.

The school fees were too high and the salary offered wasn't going to cover my living expenses and I was just going to get by.

Did I do the right thing?

Hi

I have also sold my home. My husband is supporting me and I hope I am doing the right thing.

Please people out there. Let me know if it's worth it leaving a secure teaching job in South Africa and moving to Abu Dhabi.  I have 2 children and they are going to be in grades 5 and 8 next year.

I did my home work about school fees and it scary.

Please advise me. If it's  worth taking a risk.

Hi

Please let me know if you are enjoying it there.  I need answers.

I thing u did the right thing

Obtain some experience in this country first. You can change your job later. I'm sure you will get good offers if you have some experience in this country.

There is always choices but what is better choice u have. And do what it comfort you and your husband.he also need to work with you because if you do it alone that is too much. You both need to decide share responsibilities.

Please think over it ten times... School fees are no jokes around here. Keeping in mind all the procedures to tackle before getting your kids under your residence visa.You will need to run up and down to several offices. Now coming to expenses, you would need to rent a private apartment and will need to pay a year in advance or at most, 6 months in advance.(around 120,000 AED a year for a proper place in a residential place). This already makes quite a large amount. In addition to that you would have the schooling fees, and if you want your kids to have a good level of of education, you would need to send them to expensive ones. Do the maths and then you both need to decide whether it's worth it. I hope you will take the right decision... All the best!

Yes the people here telling you that do not regret refusing the job offer as it is not good enough and cannot be able to help you live in UAE.  It is expensive here!  Housing and education can be tough if you are not earning enough money.
Better do some research about life of expats here and the costs etc. before you plunge in and of course, get a better offer with accommodation and education included otherwise better think twice coming here to be honest.  It is not a pot of gold always at the end of the rainbow.
Goodluck!