Mariage Annulment with filipina. Need copy of annulment in Cebu

I hv been trying to find out who where or how I can get a copy of annulment filed in Cebu phil by my wife who I married here in calif..

she told me that her annulment was finalized but when I ask her for a copy she refuses...now I hv the suspicious feeling that her annulment was declined...

if so,,then our marriage is null and void and I need copy becuz am thinking of getting married again...

she left me 2 1/2 weeks after we got married and never heard from here since,,

pls help me on how to get a copy of the annulment filed in Cebu..thank guys

Hello dctrno60 and welcome on board

To help you get more interactions please note that your thread has been moved to the Cebu forum.

I invite you to check out threads talking about issues of annulment in our Formalities and procedures in the Philippines section of the forum while waiting for members to revert back.

Regards
Kenjee

dctrno60 wrote:

I hv been trying to find out who where or how I can get a copy of annulment filed in Cebu phil by my wife who I married here in calif..

she told me that her annulment was finalized but when I ask her for a copy she refuses...now I hv the suspicious feeling that her annulment was declined...

if so,,then our marriage is null and void and I need copy becuz am thinking of getting married again...

she left me 2 1/2 weeks after we got married and never heard from here since,,

pls help me on how to get a copy of the annulment filed in Cebu..thank guys

One can usually obtain the final Decree of Annulment from the Regional Trial Court where the annulment was filed (normally the RTC nearest your wife's place of residence). Likewise, one can obtain a copy of the Marriage Contract with the annulment annotation from National Statistics Office. But perhaps, since you are not one of the parties in that marriage, the NSO won't give you a copy of it unless you have an authorization from the concerning persons (your ex-wife and her ex-husband).

If you are NOT a Filipino citizen, I suppose you could just file a divorce against your (ex) wife in the US so you could remarry?

I am not 100% sure of this, but would a CENOMAR on her be a good idea to check to see if she is single by Philippine records ?
https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Default.aspx

It should show if the person is single or not.

CENOMAR
Also called a certificate of No Record of Marriage or Certificate of Singleness.
In legal definitions for interpersonal status, a single person is someone who has never been married. A person who was previously married and was divorced or widowed is usually considered an "unmarried" person. If a marriage is annulled, however, or it is found to have been void ab initio (i.e. not valid in law to start with), and assuming the person was not married previously, that individual is single, rather than unmarried.

it is really problem and it may lead you to court

nadeem_aldeem wrote:

it is really problem and it may lead you to court

The person committing the marriage fraud would be the one to be taken to court.

The innocent victim trying to get it sorted would just get the married nullified.  He should not need to worry about any illegal actions.

Some USA legal bits:

If your spouse did not obtain a legal divorce from a prior spouse before marrying you, he/she is guilty of bigamy.
If the individual marrying the bigamist is aware that he/she is already legally married, he/she too is guilty of bigamy.

I was told that all I need is the declined final decree from her or from the court...I was told that since ths is a public documents I shd be able to obtain a copy of the final decree...is that the only place I can get it,,i live here in California and its going too expensive for me to fly to Cebu which I do not even know where to start or look for the court..is there an easy way to get a copy of ths final decree of her declined annulment

It is possible to obtain a copy of the dissolution of marriage (annulment) from the Philippine Statistics Authority but you have to know the following details to facilitate verification and issuance of certificate:

Complete name of the husband
Complete maiden name of the wife
Date of marriage
Place of marriage
Name of the court and the judge that issued the decree dissolving the marriage or declaring marriage void
Address of the court
Date when the decision was issued
Date when the decision became final and executory
Date when the decision was recorded in the civil register
Complete name and address of the requesting party
Purpose for the certification

If you don't even know which court the annulment has been filed, then getting a copy of it would really be a huge problem. Not to mention the bureaucracy you will have to go through getting it.

The alternative would be to obtain a CENOMAR of your estranged wife---this document would show if she had been single, married and/or obtained an annulment.

Please do necessary action to avoid the court in Philippine  otherwise , you will face problem since you are expat , I know many people have been courted for silly mistakes in Philippine without any intentions to break the rules over there , I do suggest to put a lawyer i n Philippine if your wife honest with you if not , It is better to separate her , you are doctor and high value man you can select a lady for your life  , there in Philippine are many good girls to be your wife , just think wisely for lady refuse to tell you the truth , sit down with her and discuss , it is marriage , it is not joke my friend and you are Medical doctor with high profile , you need to be very careful for your reputations to avoid entrapping in such illegal case in third world country like Philippine .

I THINK IM NOT MAKING MYSELF CLEAR ABOUT THS PROBLEM..LET ME START AGAIN...
MET A FILIPINA LADY THRU CUPID AND FEW MONTHS LATER WE GOT INVOLVED..I PAID FOR TRIP HERE IN THE U S A TWICE,,BECUZ THE FIRST SHE HAS TO GO BACK BECUZ OF FAMILY PROBLEM..THE 2ND TIME SHE WAS HERE WE DECIDED TO GET IN JUL OF 2014, BUT THAT LASTED ONLY 2 1/2 WEEKS AND SHE DECIDED THS IS NOT FOR HER AND NEVER HEARD FROM HER EVER SINCE...NOW MY PROBLEM...WHEN FILED FOR HER ANNULMENT,,IT WAS DECLINED BY THE COURT,, SO SHEN WE GOT MARRIED,,TECHNICALLY SHE WAS STILL MARRIED TO HER FIRST HUSBAND,,,I WAS GOING TO FILE ANNULMENT OR DIVORCE HERE BUT IT WILL TAKE A LONG TIME....I WAS TOLD THAT,,IF I CAN GET MY HAND ON THE ANNULMENT THAT SHE FILED IN CEBU,(WHICH I DO NOT KNOW WHERE THE COURT WAS)....I CAN PRESENT THAT TO MY LAWYER AND THEY HV MY MARRIED ANNULED RITE AWAY SINCE SHE WAS STILL MARRIED WHEN WE GOT MARRIED,,IN SHORT,,,SHE COMMITTED BIGAMY AND OUR MARRIANGE IN VEGAS IS NOT GUD..BUT I HV TO HV THAT DECLINED ANNULMENT THAT SHE FILED LAST YEAR WHICH I DO NOT KNOW THE DATE, THE COURT OR THE JUDGE...BIG PROBLEM

oh my god , it is a big mess really , Try to resolve it ASAP since you are not Filipino and you know you are married to lady from Third world country , Be careful my friend . I just pray for you to get rid of this un-planned marriage , I just left Philippine last Nov-2014 and I know how expat either from States ,Australian , Middle eastern or Gulf State countries are being jailed in different islands for non-Valid Reason, They take advantage of this to suck the money that you have in your account specially if you are from rich countries, Never trust Far-Eastern countries . Go there and enjoy but don't engaged with long relation.

dctrno60 wrote:

I THINK IM NOT MAKING MYSELF CLEAR ABOUT THS PROBLEM..LET ME START AGAIN...
MET A FILIPINA LADY THRU CUPID AND FEW MONTHS LATER WE GOT INVOLVED..I PAID FOR TRIP HERE IN THE U S A TWICE,,BECUZ THE FIRST SHE HAS TO GO BACK BECUZ OF FAMILY PROBLEM..THE 2ND TIME SHE WAS HERE WE DECIDED TO GET IN JUL OF 2014, BUT THAT LASTED ONLY 2 1/2 WEEKS AND SHE DECIDED THS IS NOT FOR HER AND NEVER HEARD FROM HER EVER SINCE...NOW MY PROBLEM...WHEN FILED FOR HER ANNULMENT,,IT WAS DECLINED BY THE COURT,, SO SHEN WE GOT MARRIED,,TECHNICALLY SHE WAS STILL MARRIED TO HER FIRST HUSBAND,,,I WAS GOING TO FILE ANNULMENT OR DIVORCE HERE BUT IT WILL TAKE A LONG TIME....I WAS TOLD THAT,,IF I CAN GET MY HAND ON THE ANNULMENT THAT SHE FILED IN CEBU,(WHICH I DO NOT KNOW WHERE THE COURT WAS)....I CAN PRESENT THAT TO MY LAWYER AND THEY HV MY MARRIED ANNULED RITE AWAY SINCE SHE WAS STILL MARRIED WHEN WE GOT MARRIED,,IN SHORT,,,SHE COMMITTED BIGAMY AND OUR MARRIANGE IN VEGAS IS NOT GUD..BUT I HV TO HV THAT DECLINED ANNULMENT THAT SHE FILED LAST YEAR WHICH I DO NOT KNOW THE DATE, THE COURT OR THE JUDGE...BIG PROBLEM

Could you please lower your caps lock when posting. It is considered rude to post in uppercase and is the same as shouting at someone.
Thank you for your understanding.

sori,,thot by using caps it will be easy to read rather than lower case.  will lower case next time,,tnx for the observation

dctrno60 wrote:

sori,,thot by using caps it will be easy to read rather than lower case.  will lower case next time,,tnx for the observation

It actually makes it harder to read. 
I for example couldn't even read it. I began reading, but it felt too much, too heavy, so I gave up after the first lines.

I think you were clear enough in your first post.

You are in the US, married a Filipina in California, who you thought was annulled/Divorced

She left after about 2-3 weeks

You then felt that her previous marriage hadn't been annulled, which would make your marriage to her, null and void.
You just need proof of that.

You feel you need a copy of her Annulment rejection, which would be good, but maybe difficult to arrange not knowing where it might have been done.

If she never even applied, it will be impossible.

Would your lawyer know if the Philippines CENOMAR would allow proof, as needed, for you to get an Annulment in the US.  That is after all an official document that states her marital status in the Philippines. And it only costs 115 pesos plus extra for the delivery to you in the US.  You can get the Philippines Government office to send it direct to your lawyer from them, so they know it is genuine.

dctrno60 wrote:

It was indeed hard to read your post when it was all caps.

Anyway, I understood your dilemma, but as what I had been trying to say, it's nearly impossible to obtain this declined annulment papers if you don't even know where she could have filed the annulment. More so, if she had never even filed for annulment. And even if this document exists, you won't be able to obtain it, without an authorisation from your estranged wife.

It would be very costly and time consuming for you to go for this document.

As what I had mentioned in my earlier post and ABCDiamond had suggested, perhaps you could ask your lawyer if the CENOMAR would allow as proof of her previous marriage and/or annulment. This CENOMAR is an official Philippine document showing her marital status in the Philippines. Likewise, if her annulment had been approved, her Certificate of Marriage (the first marriage back in the Phils) from the National Statistics Office (NSO) would have an annotation of this annulment. The court would have not issued her a final decree of annulment if she didn't register it first at the NSO. So, either you go for this CENOMAR or the annotated Marriage Certificate which could be ordered online.

Hi

Sorry to hear about your troubles with regard this marriage thing.
However here is my thoughts. I find this "story" a kind of weird thus I do not know exactly what were your intentions that you did marry her.

Either you are very naive and did not know what you went into before it was too late.
Nevertheless what I find very suspicious is, why did you not contact the police after she suddenly left and told them that your "wife" is missing and you cannot get in contact with her? - If you marry a person and she suddenly vanish after 2 weeks I am sure a normal person would go to the police !!
And why did you not ask her to provide a statement from the Philippines that she was divorced/not married - before you go marry her ?

The other options could be that the 2 of you made a financially agreement and you should marry her and then she went of to:
A: another man
B: or (may God forbid that) been exposed for human trafficking

If you made a financial agreement with her then you have put your self in a bad situation. Or maybe someone have "forced" you to marry her - if so that is another situation and you should go to the police and have things straiten out.

In order to get a decent outcome of this issue you should be honest about it (lies have a tendency to bounce back and make things worse).
Suggestion: Either you go to the police or contact your lawyer to have it solved so you can move on with your life.

End

U can ask for a CENOMAR online with NSO.. :) if you want to check the status of her case, just ask for what court and what branch... then go visit the court she'll mention
;)

I' m sorry for that A high profile doctor have been entrapped with a Case like that . I am just praying for you and I can feel your case since you have warmed heart and this girl took advantage of that by expressing her love to you by sweet words .

Where do I go to email cenomar and also is anybody here from Cebu and that help me obtain the copy of the annulment which was denied..can someone get me a copy,, willing to compensate for the expense and help...if not,,will just file for divorce even tho our marriage is not legal and we are not really married..just need to go on with my life...neve thot in a million years that I will be fooled by some woman in Cebu....guess lesson learned,,the hard day..tnx to everybody who tries to help me

sori to say that u were both wrong on ur assumption...2 1/2 weeks after we got married,,she told me she wants to go home and want to make it rite to her family since her family does not want her to remarry..so I let her go home,,she is not missing,,i know where she lives..its just her family is controlling her...between bigamy and fraud,,she cud go to jail and I do not want tnat...we both made a mistake by marrying each other and no reason for me to put her in jail.. my lawyer told me that I can get a copy of the annulment which was denied by the judge in Cebu,, it will be a lot faster to hv our marriage in las vegas Nevada voided and null....but if I cannot get a copy,, will just hv to file for divorce even tho we were together for only 2 1/2 weeks,,,so if anyone or anybody knows how to get a copy of the docs,,wud apprieciate it very much and will compensate someone for their effort and time..thank you everyone who is trying to help with ths problem

dctrno60 wrote:

Where do I go to email cenomar

Go to https://www.ecensus.com.ph/default.aspx

Click on "Click here to Request now" and you will see the procedure

I just saw the delivery price overseas is a bit higher at: USD 25.00 per copy - CENOMAR

Try this:

https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Default.aspx#

Hello. i think if ur married in California, thats  where u should file divorce.i think annulment only applies for marriage done here in Philippines since we dont have divorce here.and if ur ex wife did filed an annulment, u will be able to know everything bec, the court will be sending you copy of documents from the day it was filed, the dates of court hearings,u will always be notified...i know a few coz i am with my cousin when we file for her annulment here and me being one of the witnesses,she is also updating and notifying me of the progress..and the attorney tells us how it works.They send the other party notifications to give them air chance to appeal.

violet23 wrote:

Hello. i think if ur married in California, thats  where u should file divorce.i think annulment only applies for marriage done here in Philippines since we dont have divorce here.

An Annulment is used in the West for marriages that were never Legal in the first place, and can therefore be annulled immediately.

We also have Divorces for marriages that are legal, but have broken down for some reason. These are the same as a Philippine Annulment, not to be confused with a Western Annulment.  A divorce however takes time, and is more expensive than an Annulment, which is technically free, but some charges are made to file the paperwork etc.

My advise is to split the scene, having the same experience all she needs is yr money or either that she has her husband of the same origin. Bear in mind once she is married in a legal way in PHP there cannot be  a divorce

Prakash Terence wrote:

My advise is to split the scene, having the same experience all she needs is yr money or either that she has her husband of the same origin. Bear in mind once she is married in a legal way in PHP there cannot be  a divorce

They married in USA
She has already gone
Looks like she didn't go for his money

And a Foreigner can still get a Divorce even if married in the Philippines..

Oh gosh ..... give me a break , it is totally true Mr. Parakash, she did it , you can not trust lady to be wife by couple of meetings in hospital , we should be very careful , not every thing shining is gold .

thank you for fur feedback...we do hv divorce and annulment here in California...here is the real story,,the annulment that she filed was against her first husband who left her 24 years ago and she wants to go on with her life...that is where I came in..we got involved, got married even tho she is technically still married to her first husband,,but her petitioned to annulled their marriage was denied by the judge there in Cebu...she lives in lapu lapu..so I figured the rtc is closed by there..that is the annulment docs that I need,,,the one she filed against her husband and the denial of her petition...if I can get copy of that denied annulment,,that I can show the court here..then our marriage will be null and void since she was still married to her first husband when she married me....all I know rite now is,, I was taken by her and her family....lol..serves me rite for believing her in the first place..well anyway,,,tnx for ur concern and help...r u from Cebu

I do not believe the story at all. I would assume a doctor has a few more brain cells to realize if she was already married - their marriage is not valid at all in either country and it would never have been filled in the Philippines anyways as she could not have provided the necessary documentation... So do not need an annulment of something that does not exist... Someone is after money for phone documentation, maybe?

Heck, I doubt you could get a fiancée visa to bring her into the USA to marry without lots of certified documentation and paperwork proving a relationship and everyone's marital status.

Even if true, just go on line, get certified copy of her marriage to another man and have marriage in Las Vegas  deleted as fraud / not valid... But I doubt this story is true... The USA would never have let her get a visa into the country so easily.... It is hard work and takes a long time to get.visas like that...

Actually the laws in the USA states "They'll still have to formally dissolve/void the marriage - bigamy creates a voidable marriage, not one that is automatically voided."

GDT wrote:

Actually the laws in the USA states "They'll still have to formally dissolve/void the marriage - bigamy creates a voidable marriage, not one that is automatically voided."

That is correct for a voidable marriage, but this one appear to be a void marriage,

We often complain about Philippine laws, however it even seems that US Laws and rules may be confusing.

Void Marriage
A void marriage is a marriage that is void and invalid from its very beginning. Such marriage is unlawful and requires no formality to terminate.  (I would still like to get it official in some way though)

Voidable Marriage
A voidable marriage is a legal marriage that can be cancelled at the option of one of the parties and it is subject to cancellation if contested in court.

https://psa.gov.ph/civilregistration/re … nt/cenomar

you can get it online. but if you need an agent or somebody to guide you or anything just send message. glad to help. :)

dctrno60 wrote:

Where do I go to email cenomar and also is anybody here from Cebu and that help me obtain the copy of the annulment which was denied..can someone get me a copy,, willing to compensate for the expense and help...if not,,will just file for divorce even tho our marriage is not legal and we are not really married..just need to go on with my life...neve thot in a million years that I will be fooled by some woman in Cebu....guess lesson learned,,the hard day..tnx to everybody who tries to help me

dctrno60 wrote:

thank you for fur feedback...we do hv divorce and annulment here in California...here is the real story,,the annulment that she filed was against her first husband who left her 24 years ago and she wants to go on with her life...that is where I came in..we got involved, got married even tho she is technically still married to her first husband,,but her petitioned to annulled their marriage was denied by the judge there in Cebu...she lives in lapu lapu..so I figured the rtc is closed by there..that is the annulment docs that I need,,,the one she filed against her husband and the denial of her petition...if I can get copy of that denied annulment,,that I can show the court here..then our marriage will be null and void since she was still married to her first husband when she married me....all I know rite now is,, I was taken by her and her family....lol..serves me rite for believing her in the first place..well anyway,,,tnx for ur concern and help...r u from Cebu

So why is she not providing you a copy of this declined petition for annulment, if both of you just want to go on with your respective lives? You cannot possibly get a copy of this declined petition from the court anyway without her authorization since you were not a party to that annulment, unless maybe you bribe some people in that court to give you a copy of it. If you don't want to force her to give you a copy of it, or don't want to file a case against her for bigamy or perjury (in the US), then I guess you should just file for divorce in California. The thing is, since she had married you in the US and that marriage is beyond the Philippine jurisdiction, she is not really liable for bigamy under Philippine laws. Thus, she can just ignore your request for a copy of that declined annulment petition and make things harder for you.

Ainos1912 wrote:

The thing is, since she had married you in the US and that marriage is beyond the Philippine jurisdiction, she is not really liable for bigamy under Philippine laws.

Are you saying that under Philippines law a Filipina married in the Philippines can legally get married in another country too?  And it is not bigamy ?

ABCDiamond wrote:
Ainos1912 wrote:

The thing is, since she had married you in the US and that marriage is beyond the Philippine jurisdiction, she is not really liable for bigamy under Philippine laws.

Are you saying that under Philippines law a Filipina married in the Philippines can legally get married in another country too?  And it is not bigamy ?

ABCDiamond wrote:
Ainos1912 wrote:

No, not at all. But if a Filipino who is married in the Philippines marry someone in another country, the spouse in the Philippines can't file charges against the other spouse for bigamy, simply because the marriage abroad was beyond the jurisdiction of the Philippine Laws. It would be bigamous if both marriage happened in the Philippines. However, if this person returns to the Philippines and cohabitate with the person they married abroad, then the first spouse can file for adultery/concubinage.

Technically, since the first marriage has never been annulled and still valid in the Philippines, the second marriage is considered null and void. It is also bigamous under Philippine Laws. The problem is the jurisdiction.  Otherwise that marriage contracted in another country is legal in that country? I suppose then the Filipino who contracted marriage in that country is liable for perjury/fraud/bigamy.

Anyway, I am just saying that rather than deal with the bureaucracy in the Philippines, it is better to file the divorce in the U.S. On the other hand, is this declined petition for annulment the only document that can be used to void/nullify the marriage in the U.S.?

Ainos1912 wrote:

Anyway, I am just saying that rather than deal with the bureaucracy in the Philippines, it is better to file the divorce in the U.S. On the other hand, is this declined petition for annulment the only document that can be used to void/nullify the marriage in the U.S.?

A divorce is much more difficult than an annulment in the USA, and means going to court.  I read that he would need to hire private investigators to locate a missing spouse, so if correct, I can see why he wants to choose the annulment.

That declined petition, or possibly a CENOMAR, is the easiest way to get an Annulment almost automatically, and at minimal cost.

Obviously if he can't get proof that she was actually still married, then a Divorce, after a year, is the only option. But it appears that he may aswell spend that time trying to get that proof.

It should be easy to get proof... He applied for and got a visa to get her to the USA, so he has all her documentation, legal papers in order to search on line ( CENOMAR) for her actual status... That is - if this story is true....which I doubt... And no, no use searching for (declined annulment) paper that doesn't exist.

Also that attitude that it's not a crime in the Philippines, as she married him in the United States, sounds like the stories I have read on this website where an expat is at fault for an accident no matter what - as he shouldn't be there . or the one I read where the expat had head lights so was at fault hitting the drunk Filipino on the motor bike with no lights who hit him..

No responsibility, with crazy excuses seem quite common in the Philippines...that's why it takes at least  30 minutes to withdraw money at a bank, 3 people at a cash register and it is still wrong, and it requires a university degree to make french fries at McDonalds. Here-  there is no one to bag your groceries, after 15 minutes at the bank many people yell for the manager and move their business to the bank across the street and they give you $100 dollar bonus for opening the accounts... and a grade 5 education gets you a job in fast food as they have pictures of the menu items on the cash register and they do not expect them to be able to do math or remember codes for items.

That  opinion that it is not a crime, and statement that he shouldn't deal with the Filippino  bureaucracy may come with an offer to help fix it... Like get papers for the American ... And no he does not..  I repeat..does not have to divorce someone he is not legally married to... In any country -worldwide that doesn't allow bigomy.  As she is married .. Married...Legally married to someone else..  and she knew it and is still  conning him that she didn't know her annulment was declined before she married him . BS.. Bet you he sent money to her to get that annulment or copies of it.  and it never existed.

If any of this story is even real...

I am starting to wonder if I should retire in the Philippines in 4 years... It is so corrupt and people so lax about responsibility, it maybe not worth the insanity and I should look for less corrupt country for those  6 months each year.

Anyone interested in some property in Kalibo... I have an old Japanese map showing there maybe (shhhh...definitely is) gold from ww2 buried there!!!!

Just joking

GDT wrote:

I am starting to wonder if I should retire in the Philippines in 4 years...

No one should make definite plans until he/she has experienced life somewhere else...

Back home may not be that bad after all... ;)

However, many Filipinos, that I met in Australia, disagree with my basic statement ;)