Cost of living

I really want to know about cost of getting accommodation , buying food and the Cambodian money value

hi for siem reap accommodation you can rent house abou$ a moth if you want to stay a long time , but if you just want to travel stay about 1 week or 2 week than can stay in hotel between 5 $ to 15 $ with nice room not far from town

also for money exchange it 4000 riel for 1$ you also can use USD in cambodia it more understand for you , many place in cambodia they us USD but some time you have to check all about money they have a copy it similar need to check it clear

Hello, my wife and I have a business here in Siem Reap where we find people new homes. The prices vary, but they run from about $50 for a hotel like room, to homes that go from about $150 up to $1000 or more. If you're thinking of coming to Siem Reap we can definitely help you out. As for food, a few samples include 3000 (75 cents) for a loaf of bread, about 12 cents for an egg, and 50 cents for a beer. Hope to hear back from you soon!;)

Hi,

My husband and I will be in Siem Reap in the beginning of December this year and we would like to stay in the area for several weeks we think. Can you tell me how easy or difficult it is to find a small place to rent for four to six weeks? We are on a budget so we will not be lołoking for anything fancy.

All your information will be greatly appreciated.

hi i know some area good location with nice room but i need to asking them for the price fist because it for 6 week only people they rent house alway make it 6 month to one year , everything here are easy people siem reap they use USD so you can understand everything well also for food family you can check at old market or other local market it really good price , everything here nice than phnom penh because in the city now alway too many people nice place to be it siem reap

There are places here in town that are super cheap (a hotel like room runs about $50 to $70 a month. Then there are small apartments that start at around $150 and up. It shouldn't be too difficult to find a room for you. Another thought would be to stay at a hotel for about $5 to $7 a night. That might be the best choice, actually.

numbeo.com is a website where you can check all the countrys with each other.prices of Cambodia and the citys here are pretty accurate.i live in siem reap.these prices are the normal prices,but you can always check for bargains.i do that to.

December is high season here, good luck with that if you are on a strict budget

if they want to find it for December,they better start looking now,december is high season

I found a great Facebook forum called Expats and locals living in Siem Reap. If you have a question about anything or you are looking for somewhere to rent you will get several comments.

Thank you so much for the info. I'll check it out.

A Cambodian friend lives in a $50 per month room, (plus $10 electric: extra for AC electric @ 1000R/kWh.)  Think "run-down motel" not "hotel." There is no running water: (a hand pump well); a shared (30 people) primitive toilet and "shower" (cold water only poured from a pan); litter and mud everywhere; sporadic trash pickup; intermittent power; and your neighbors will be the families of tuk tuk drivers and food cart vendors who just might be a little resentful of your living there for "cheap."

By contrast, I have my own private small house with kitchen and private bathroom (vital for taking lots of showers if you don't want to pay for AC) for $90 per month plus $10 electric. I paid $750 per month for something like this is LA in a "poor" neighborhood. :)

My US retirement income of $546 per month is over twice what a Cambodian hotel accountant makes for a 56 hour work week. If you'll have a big NGO salary here, good for you. Since I don't have the $8000 per year I was quoted for health insurance or any savings, if I get into a moto accident I just plan to die there on the street like a penniless Cambodian. Life is full of risks and we all die someday, right?

Good luck! Life in Cambodia can be a real adventure....