Going on final exit with ANB car lease and CC issues

Hi,

I m planning to go on final exit from riyadh, and travel directly to qatar. I have this problems.

1. I have a car lease from ANB. Can i go on final exit without transfering the car to someone else? I mean i plan to just leave the car in my place here in riyadh. Is it possible to get final exit with this problem.

2. I have a credit card from riyadh bank and i cannot pay it now. Can the banks in qatar see if i have a bad credit in saudi arabia. The cc amout is 5000sr. Will this affect future bank loans which i will make in qatar?

Please help. Thanks

No, you can not leave KSA on final exit unless you have paid your dues. That includes your Electricity bills, telephone bills, house rent, bank/CC loans and bank leased cars. Even if you get an exit visa, you will be stopped at the airport. You even have to get a police clearance certificate before you leave KSA on final exit.

On the other hand, why would you even plan to do that? I mean parking a leased car at your place and fleeing the country with credit on your name?

The solution is that you get an exit re-entry visa, leave the kingdom and don't come back. But in this case, you wont be able to settle in Qatar or any other GCC state. And you wont be able to return back to Saudi in future incase you decide to return.

Wise thing to do is that give the car back to the bank, clear the credit as I don't think 5k is a big amount and go out of KSA in a legal way.

Arbab wrote:

Wise thing to do is that give the car back to the bank, clear the credit as I don't think 5k is a big amount and go out of KSA in a legal way.

:top:

Uakine,

I agree with the advise given by our friends.

You must wrap up your car credit and Credit Card accounts amicably even if you need to stay a little longer and borrow from your country mate.

You will be doing this not to please some body else but to keep your conscious and self respect,

All the major credit card companies share their database too for people who have not cleared their dues, there is a 100  percent chance that when ever you apply for any credit card in any country, you will first have to clear your previous dues along with interest and fine. Therefore it is not really worth this trouble! :dumbom:

This is the problem. The bank is asking me to pay more almost 20 thou riyals just to return the car.

Do you know anyone from the recent year that was able to leave with a car in his name.? Or someone who has been stopped and send back from the airport because of this?

Thank you guys!

Uakine,

Have you tried advertising your car? How much will you get for it? If you sell it then probably you will say get SR 15,000 so you may be incurring a loss of a few thousand Riyals, so think about it , it is not a big deal.

The answer to your question, no to my knowledge, no expat has ever been stopped  at the airport for not paying up for the car.

Yes i did  but no one wants to get my car because the bank wants to re calculate the terms i mean intead of just continuing the lease they guy who will accept the transfer will have to under go the same term and process as if the car is brand new.

Is there anyway that i can get off with this. Its really frustrating.

Any one who knows if what do the immigration people at the airport do/check with you iqama if i manage to get a final exit.

In getting an exit re entry my problem is my company is asking for a guantor for me to go on exit re entry. So no one dares to sign for me because they are affraid that the bank will also get them beacuse of me.

Can the bank recoup anything from ym company if i leave with this car issue??

Uakine,

You have two issues, let us conclude them one by one:

1) The balance payment on your credit card, it is the money you borrowed from the bank, you beg borrow or steal, I am afraid the system is such that you will have to pay before you leave.

2) Please read Mr. Arbab's message in #2 above, I was not aware that one needs a police clearance also, may be it is a new development that I had not heard of.

There is one possibility you could work on, under the leasing /hire purchase contract between the lessee (you) and the lesser ( the bank), under the clause of 'hypothecation' , the Lesser remains the owner of the Vehicle and the Lessee pays the monthly repayments which is the rental amount for letting you use the vehicle, " At any time during the tenure, the Lessee may express his inability to continue the rental contract" and the installment paid up to this point is regarded as the full and final payment and the contract is closed.

I suggest you talk to an Arabic speaking Lawyer ( discuss his fees first), I believe if you are returning the car, you need not pay them any thing on top. ( I have seen a lot of banks and leasing companies advertising or auctioning the cars belonging to their customers, it is a part of leasing business).

Thank you! Actually my biggest issue is the car, i've tried telling them my situation but they always goes back to the point where they will ask me to may 20k riyals just to return the car.

I dont have any money to pay them that amount. Also i have never missed any payment since i got the car last march 2013.

I dont know any lawyer whom i can consult. All i want is to give them the car back i dont want anything for me since i've used the car.

Does the bank have any consideration for people who cannot continue bacause of bankuptcy? I mean i want to declare to the bank that i dont have enough money to pay them now since i have some personal financial problems. Is this possible?

Uakine wrote:

Yes i did  but no one wants to get my car because the bank wants to re calculate the terms i mean intead of just continuing the lease they guy who will accept the transfer will have to under go the same term and process as if the car is brand new.

Really? they can do that? your car is more than a year old -- any car past 12 months is not considered "Brand new"...  :unsure (the buyer is supposed to only pay for the remaining months lease payments right? - that includes last payment, or transfer fees of course, depending on your agreement)
as for the 20K SAR...do look up in your contract!

What's the make of the car ?

Maybe I'd buy it  :unsure

Can you provide more details ?

I don't know how but my father went on exit visa yesterday. They just took his IQAMA and final exit paper and didn't look up anything at all  :unsure it took him less then one minute literally.
Of course he had no credit or bank leased car but still they didn't even check anything. Just took his iqama, asked him for finger print, stamped the paper and thats all!! It took hardly a minute.

May be you can try. Who knows you might get through.

Arbab,

Your father took less than a minute since he was not hiding any thing and he did not owe any body, I do not suggest that our friend Uakine should try this, he might die of a heart attack due to the fear and the tension at the airport.

I feel very bad for him, he is just one of us, an expat who came to Saudi for a better future, he miscalculated a few things as we all do when we are young, why should he go through this mental agony as if he is a drug smuggler!

Will any of the EB member recommend a better solution?

If only i can just return the car :( its really a big frustration for me.

I guess all i can do now is pray.

If only i have the money....

I really appreciate all your thoughts about my issue. I hope someone can still figure out how can i get out of this mess without sacrificing my hard earned money.

Can you please tell the model of the car ?

Maybe I'd buy it  :/

Zupp, Uakine...problems solved yet?  have you actually reviewed the lease contract with regards to surrending the car to the bank? (well, most likely, it is in arabic!!! but you should start looking for loopholes here)....

gunner757 wrote:

Can you please tell the model of the car ?

Maybe I'd buy it  :/

I am guessing it's KIA RIO 2014 - full options?

Uakine,

How are you? Were you able to exit?

May I can help

Hello! I do have a bank loan, paid it partially with my severance thru the bank personnel.My worries are; i dont get any message yet from the bank showing i got it paid partially; i think, that bank personnel took my money, how, what whom should i talk with to nail him of taking my money? I'm willing to pay the remaining balance but i dont know whom i can trust anymore? If i will get a job, will i be hold in the airport? Please, i need your advice..by the way its KSA where I worked from.

dear,

if you paid cash then the bank personnel robbed you,

if you paid through ur ATM, you're okay

i need to ask many things to be able to help you

Can any one let me know what can be the solution in Uakine case.

I will go final exit on October 2015 but my problem is i have car lease Renault Duster 2015 at ANB Bank. Can I transfer this car to anybody and transfer to his name. But i am afraid if I cannot find anybody to takeover my Car Loan did the Saudi Immigration will hold me at airport or they will allow me leave without any problem since the owner of the car is still the bank and only authorization to drive is with me.

Help me please and give me good information because i am too much stress thinking this problem.

marines1960 wrote:

I will go final exit on October 2015 but my problem is i have car lease Renault Duster 2015 at ANB Bank. Can I transfer this car to anybody and transfer to his name. But i am afraid if I cannot find anybody to takeover my Car Loan did the Saudi Immigration will hold me at airport or they will allow me leave without any problem since the owner of the car is still the bank and only authorization to drive is with me.

Help me please and give me good information because i am too much stress thinking this problem.

Well , you can't go on final exit , because there will be a authorization in the MOI system in your name !
To be able to go on final exit , all your cars on your name have to be removed .

Correctly answered

Mr. Gunner757 how can I removed my car authority name or transfer to my friend since this people who attended in the booth don't know that's why how they will guide me the correct procedure that's why I post it here in expatblog to asked help who has an experience like this.
Mr. Gunner757 how about if I cannot find anybody to transfer the lease can I still go final exit and Saudi Immigration will not hold me and allow me to go on exit without any problem and when I came back I will continue the payment but before I go exit I will pay the next month installment payment.

Help me please..

Sir may update na ba sa sasakyan mo?

Hi Sir, may update ka ba sa car lease mo sa ANB?

i can help with that problem

same question here how much is the penalty in returning the car loan in NCB bank,3 months old.im going to exit ,thank for the reply..

i have an elantra 2014 in super condition and car lease for 4 years from riyad bank. ive paid 22 months and remaining 26 months with the final payment. i have many ppl who want to buy my car but the bank refused for transfer of ownership and gave a full payment amount of 50,000 SR. I asked them to take the car back but the saudi guy is adamant and asked me to pay full. if i really had that cash i wouldve bought a new car for 60k. what can be done in this case?? any suggestions or comments?

Under the terms and conditions of 'Leasing' or 'Hire Purchase', the Lessee (you) have a choice to terminate contract at any time. You need to breakup the repayment to calculate how much of the repayment is repaid as capital return and what proportion has been paid in interest.

Some leasing companies put a penalty  for early settlement which is clearly mentioned in the terms.

I suggest you have the leasing contract reviewed by a friend who knows basic contractual law and proceed accordingly.   :)

Riyadh bank is very ugly, he straight away gave me full payment amount and thats it. no other details. if i dont pay for the car loan and the bank takes away the car. will i have problem with getting exit re entry?

Same here.. I am also planning to go for exit due to new job offer but my issue is the car (KIA Soul 2015) which is financed by ANB.. I went to ANB Dammam yesterday to discuss my situation and ask for the procedures to be done for me to be able to go on an exit and return back here in Saudi and this is what they advice me;

1st Option - Return back the car to bank and pay almost 20K (insurance + 2 months advance deposit + 1,500 parking fee). And when i get back here in Saudi, i can reclaim the car, collect back the 16K, the 2 months deposit will go to the car monthly fees, so the only losses is the 1,500 parking fee.

2nd Option -  Transfer of ownership to other person which you have to pay 15% of the car value, and they will re-calculate the monthly fees.

Now, Option 1 is best but the only issue is the 20K...
If anyone out there who is willing to continue the payment, i will do something bout the 15% just to clear out this issue and get and exit.

Hey I am facing very similar issue. I have a Nissan Altima  purchased in April 2015 on Al Yusr installment scheme. Installments have been pain till Dec 2016. When I went there they asked me for huge sum and they will keep the car. That's not at all fair! Like pay them money and hand over the car as well.
I have been looking for transfer of the lease. Ur haven't got any buyer as of date. It's around 1991/ month . Top end model golden beige color.  If anyone interested let me know.
As I need to go on exit in few months.
Kindly do know what can be done.

Sir I am living in Saudi I submitted my iqama for renw .I called my sponsor many times.he said insurance problem
one day he called me and told you take medicine for SR 32000 on insurance Card pay amount GO kharooj nehai if I GO have any problems airport if no problem can I can come again have any problems please any one told what I should I do

Simply because you cannot be issued an exit visa (final) if you are not cleared with anything related to your Iqama (car, traffic violations, etc). The Immigration Officer will only retrieve your Iqama and nothing else since visas now are in electronic form, no need for print outs. Bank loans and credit card issues will only matter if and only if the bank will report your case or if you have unsettled court cases.

Arbab wrote:

I don't know how but my father went on exit visa yesterday. They just took his IQAMA and final exit paper and didn't look up anything at all  :unsure it took him less then one minute literally.
Of course he had no credit or bank leased car but still they didn't even check anything. Just took his iqama, asked him for finger print, stamped the paper and thats all!! It took hardly a minute.

May be you can try. Who knows you might get through.

Simply because you cannot be issued an exit visa (final) if you are not cleared with anything related to your Iqama (car, traffic violations, etc). The Immigration Officer will only retrieve your Iqama and nothing else since visas now are in electronic form, no need for print outs. Bank loans and credit card issues will only matter if and only if the bank will report your case or if you have unsettled court cases.

Hi, I have unpaid credit card debt in Saudi. I went on final exit from Saudi last year October with SR 18,000 CC debt. I was not stopped or detained at the airport upon my final exit from Saudi. I have however been offered different employment in Saudi and will be returning soon. Will I have problems re-entering Saudi? Is there a way i could pay my debt once I've arrived?

what if ANB already took my car. and they are telling me to pay certain amount but i will not pay it... they are telling that they are going to sell my car to market and still i will pay them big amount...

my question is.. if i agree to pay that big amount and i will not take my car back again. is it one time payment or installment..?

can i go vacation (not EXIT) if i did not pay it?

hello there...