Help on Tainan

Dear All,

I would be coming with my family in Jan 2012 at Tainan, Taiwan on a 2 year assignment. I would be working in Science Park. Would kindly request if the community can shed some light on this place. How about public transport and is it good idea to stay close to science park or any other recommended place closeby ?.
Regards
Afroz

Hi Afroz!

I hope other members will be able to advise you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Dear All,

Could anybody in the group throw some light on the topic ?. I am not sure how good is living close by to the South science park, Tainan. Is there a good hospital/clinic around.

Cheers
INFTAINAN

Science Park is a very quiet and peaceful place. It's neat, clean and organized. Very good for evening or morning walks. It's boring as hell too. In the Park itself, apart from the companies and factories there isn't much to do, except for a Park 17, and the Sports Complex (with the excellent indoor swimming pool).

For shopping or any kind of basic necessities, you will have to go to the center of  Shanhua  or Shinshi District, both of which are very close to the Science Park. I might be wrong, but I think the Science Park itself might be within the Shinshi or Shanhua District.

If you need medical services, best to go to the big Chimei Hospital in the city. It shouldn't take more than 30 minutes by car or train. There are clinics and hospitals around the Science Park, but don't except to get any English service.

There is no night-life here, so if that's important for you, then best to live in the city and commute to work everyday, which is easier said than done. Talking about morning commute, if you thought Taiwan wasn't a good place for driving, then wait until your drive your car or motor-bike during rush hours.

If you are working in the Science Park, it could be a blessing to live this close. It would take you barely 5 to 10 minutes to get around in the park, and you can do it all, without literally fighting for your life, commuting all the way from the city center.