Dangerous taxis and general impressions

To all girls traveling alone: do not take a random taxi at night. The driver stopped on a dirt road near my home, turned around, tried touching me, grabbed my bag and cellphone and shouted obscenities.Tried to fight for my stuff, but thought it better to jump out and run for my life.Any girl should think twice before coming to this country alone. It's a nightmare to arrange transport and driving is another safety issue. Girls who walk alone are verbally harassed and it's generally an unpleasant environment to be in without someone on your side for 'protection'.

Labneh wrote:

To all girls traveling alone: do not take a random taxi at night. The driver stopped on a dirt road near my home, turned around, tried touching me, grabbed my bag and cellphone and shouted obscenities.Tried to fight for my stuff, but thought it better to jump out and run for my life.Any girl should think twice before coming to this country alone. It's a nightmare to arrange transport and driving is another safety issue. Girls who walk alone are verbally harassed and it's generally an unpleasant environment to be in without someone on your side for 'protection'.

Sorry to hear of your traumatic experience but at least you're ok.
It'd help other Forum users if you could tell us which part of town you were in ?

Personally I wouldn't advise any women to  take a cab unless there were two of them in it.