Is it true that education in Finland costs no fee?

Hello !
I'm Nikhitha rajanala from India , I'm a recent graduate now I wish to study in Finland , I heard education in Finland costs no fee but I'm not sure about it. So if u knw about any info regarding that kindly let me know .and  after doing masters in Finland does Indian companies give value for it(degree) ? Any suggestions would be a help

Hi Nikhitha rajanala,

As you have previously posted on a very old topic, i have created a separated topic with your post on the Finland forum so as to encourage members to interact with you.

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi Priscilla,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your response  :D . I'm new to this forum looking for friends but, till now I haven't received any suggestions about my question , I hope I'll hear it soon.

Thanks,
Nikhitha.

Hey Nikhitha I am interested in your topic.  Did you find any answers so far??

Hi celestsifa,

I'm glad that you are interested in studying at Finland but, I haven't found any information yet :( if i come to know anything regarding that i'll let u know :)

The Finnish government has announced today that it is planning a tuition fee of at least 1,500 euros per academic year for students coming from outside the European Union and the European Economic Area to study courses that are not taught in Finnish. The fee will be charged only from students who begin their studies in or after August 2017.

Oops!!! Was that officially declared ? I mean from now non-Europeans were asked to pay tuition fee?? :(

Read carefully:  "The fee will be charged only from students who begin their studies in or after August 2017."

The government has just given the bill to Parliament, which probably will enact it. There may be changes to it, of course. They will probably set up a scholarship program too, for those who do well in their studies. It was in the news today.

But it looks like if you wish to pay no tuition fee, now is the time to apply.

Thank you so much  for your info :) but , could you tell me what are the general intakes for Finland universities? :)

You can ask them yourself. Here is the website of the department of Computer Science at the University of Helsinki. You can start there. Their email is at the bottom of the page.

http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/en

The student advice office for the faculty of Mathematics and Science email is ml-neuvonta(at)helsinki.fi

Yeah , thank you for your consideration :)