Work Visa Got on 2015?

Hi all,
I received Oman employment VISA (for 2 Yrs.) by today

Herewith I am sharing my timeline...

1. 15th Mar. 2015 - Sent Application to Govt. College for Professor Job

2. 25th June 15 (FN) - Completed Phone interview

3. 25th June 15 (AN) - Received offer letter

4. 26th June 2015 - I accepted offer and sent copy of all certificates, passport and Photo

5. 29th June 2015 - Applied for Security Clearance (don't know what is this????)

6. 6th July 2015 - Sent apostille stamped medical fitness certificate (both soft and hard copy)

7. 10th Aug. 15 - Received security clearance (took 45 days) and applied For VISA on same day

8. 2nd Sep. 15 - Received VISA and I sent arrival date for ticket booking.

Nearly took 3 months for VISA (Meantime I have finished certificates attestation)

It could be useful to expats...

Next week I will be in Oman.

Thank you all....

Hi Congrats Bro,

Even i am waiting for my Visa.....

Kindly share your number, i will watsapp you from my number......

Hi Mr.Arun

I sent my no to your mail box.

Hi...I received a draft contact from a governmental organisation in Oman...papers submitted to security clearance (civil service as far as I recall from what HR said) but because it is special job, it requires the approval from ministers cabinet. I was told it will take a month and half or two but papers were sent in the beginning of June by employer, then later in june I was asked to fill a form in 2 copies then by end of June, they asked me to send some details relevant to my cv and experience. Is that LC or PCC or something else called security clearance as told? .I am still waiting since I resigned from my job in Oman in June ...please advise.  Regards

HHassan wrote:

Hi...I received a draft contact from a governmental organisation in Oman...papers submitted to security clearance (civil service as far as I recall from what HR said) but because it is special job, it requires the approval from ministers cabinet. I was told it will take a month and half or two but papers were sent in the beginning of June by employer, then later in june I was asked to fill a form in 2 copies then by end of June, they asked me to send some details relevant to my cv and experience. Is that LC or PCC or something else called security clearance as told? .I am still waiting since I resigned from my job in Oman in June ...please advise.  Regards

Hi HHassan,

I am not sure of any such "special job".

If the job is as important as you are saying, and one that requires approvals from higher ups, then it should happen without any delay.

Without getting an employment visa in hand, it is ill advised to resign from the current job. Simple because, no one can say when the new job's employment visa would be issued. It is really uncertain. And no one can predict it.

So if you resigned in June, how are you still in Oman - if you are still here that is.