Food Cost

Dear All,

I am coming Ghana for one year in the next month. I want to know the food expense at Ghana for single person per month. If i will cook food myself then how much money is required per month in US dollars. If i will eat outside then how much money is required in US dollars.  I am pure vegetarian till today. Please guide me const of vegetarian food per month per person and non vegetarian food per month per person at Accra Ghana. Please also guide me the cost of mad for my house for cooking my food and cleaning the house.

Thank

It all really depends on what you want to eat. If you go to local markets and buy what Ghanaians eat or eat local street food then you can eat cheaply say 10-20 cedis a day but if you eat a lot of imported food and go to expat type restaurants then you are probably looking at 50 cedis+ a day. For a maid to do cleaning and cooking it depends on whether they live in or out. Living in and the person eats your food etc then 500+ cedis should be enough. If they live out then 600+ is probably enough