Hello. New Here. Married to filipina - hoping to meet other expats

Hello. I am from U.S., retired, married to Filipino. Looking forward to meeting and learning from other expats on this site. Planning on moving to the Phils soon.  :)

Hello  :) New as well.  I am from Vancouver, BC Canada and moving slowly back to the Philippines not retired yet. I am an entrepreneur and a housewife.  Where will you be moving to in the Philippines?

TALIMANGI wrote:

Hello  :) New as well.  I am from Vancouver, BC Canada and moving slowly back to the Philippines not retired yet. I am an entrepreneur and a housewife.  Where will you be moving to in the Philippines?

Samal.

We will be living in Samal (Davao Del Norte). Nice too meet you and where will you be living?

I will be in Northern Luzon, in Lingayen, Pangasinan to be exact.  I am moving/transitioning slowly back to the Philippines.  I lived in Vancouver almost all my life but I will not be living in Pangasinan full time.  Only a few months here and there as I have a business in Canada as well.  The homes in Samal are great and the prices are great too. Hope to meet you and your wife in the Philippines soon.  I occasionally travel to Davao to meet some friends.

Thanks for the info and if you get down that way look us up. Maybe we can meet up. There are some nice peaceful resorts there, but don't tell anyone. It's a secret! LOL!

No secrets here  :D ..nice to know that you love to stay in my country.. I am here in Saudi as expat, feel free to ask me anything about Philippines..Enjoy!

Hi I am also from Vancouver now living here in the Philippines and because of my work, i get to travel everywhere; just remember it is fun here in the Philippines but guided with vigilance and cautions in dealing in things such as business and love😆

TALIMANGI wrote:

I will be in Northern Luzon, in Lingayen, Pangasinan to be exact.  I am moving/transitioning slowly back to the Philippines.  I lived in Vancouver almost all my life but I will not be living in Pangasinan full time.  Only a few months here and there as I have a business in Canada as well.  The homes in Samal are great and the prices are great too. Hope to meet you and your wife in the Philippines soon.  I occasionally travel to Davao to meet some friends.

We have a house in Ilocos Sur, north of Lingayen, near Santa.  Perhaps we could speak and/or meet sometime next year we will be back.

hi ,am (not so new jere)haha live in the Phils for 1 yr now and Davao city is nice and safe ,but, i prefere provincial life so soon we (my wife and i) wil be mvcing to Davao oriental ,most likly to Caraga .for those who want to meet send a message and we'l see as we wil be in Davao city at some times to visit family .
or if you want to visit us that's posibol to specialy for those who like to go fishing haha ,am an fishing adict and wil be building a boat to go for the leasure of fishing as mutch as posibol.
hoop to meet some of the ppl here in the future.
greets Dirk

:)

There are lots of expats in Samal and Davao city. They usually have a weeknight beer socialization atleast once a week in a pub owned by expat and filipino couples.

Thanks a lot for the info on expat socialization (vickijim). That sounds great. I will try to locate one of those expat pubs in Samal, when I get there next month. Hope to meet you there!

29 J. Rizal street in Davao city is the adres of "de bonte koe" a dutch restaurant were every thursday expats have a meet an drink .
greets Dirk

Thanks Dirk. I hope to see you there. Good beer and good food sounds great! Thanks again for the info. Miguel.

next month (october )we wil be back in Davao were we wil be for a few months before moving to ower final destination .
we wil defenitly visit "de bonte koe" a few thursdays evenings to have diner (and maibe a few drinks) haha