Relocation to Surabaya from Florida - rental? Cost of living?

Hi Nagita 86
I am from Florida, USA and will be relocating to Surabaya, Indonesia in the near future. 

Question:  What is a good area to live in Surabaya for rentals?

Could you tell me in detail what rentals will cost in Surabaya?  I mean, a medium-quality apartment.

Also, tell me how much of a budget would I need monthly to live in Surabaya (including rental, electricity, water, TV, any other expenses you can think of)
(in US dollars).

Thank you and I appreciate your full explanation and advice on my topic.
Stephen

Lots of answers you can find in this forum reading thru the various threads.

All expenses here are in Rp your budget only you know. You can spend hundred of millions of Rp but also live on much less it depends on your live style and needs.

About rental, how to give full explanation not knowing it you look for a house or apartment and length of stay etc.

Check out:
Rumah123.com
Rumah.com

floridian2015 wrote:

Also, tell me how much of a budget would I need monthly to live in Surabaya (including rental, electricity, water, TV, any other expenses you can think of)
(in US dollars).

Converting to US$ is fine to get an idea, but never use them in Indonesia.
Apart from that being illegal, you'll get ripped off.

Google...rumah disewa <area of interest>.
NEVER take any deal quoted in $.

Hello all :)

@ floridian2015 : welcome on board  :par:

Please note that a new thread has been created as from your post on the Surabaya forum to help you get more interactions.

Also, please avoid making same posts on different sections of the Indonesia forum.

I suggest you to browse the Surabaya forum by 'Forum Categories' found on the up right side of your screen to gather specific infos.

Regards
Kenjee

I just moved here in Surabaya. 1 month. I think west surabaya is better. You can opt for an appartment at Waterplace, Lenmarc, or houses at Graha famili, citraland, etc.

Appartments in waterplace range from 2 - 3BR. Normally only the masters BR is reasonable. The other rooms are very small, even for an asian (standard) like me. It ranges from 60- 100 m2.

Lenmarc is a nice option for appartment but more expensive.

For houses, Graha famili and Citraland are your best bets. 4++++ rooms. I live alone and hence i opted for an appartment.

and oh, you have to pay 1 yr here upfront.