Driving in Reunion Island

Hi,

What do you think of the way people drive in Reunion Island? How different is it from your home country?

Respecting the road safety rules, driving etiquette such as general courtesy, speed excess… what are the characteristics of the driving style in Reunion Island?

Share with us the difficulties one may face when driving in Reunion Island: peak hours, road conditions, accident, etc. and your advice to drive safely in the country.

Thank you in advance for participating,

Maximilien

Hi,

I have been to Reunion Island on various occasions and bluntly, Mauritius drivers are far behind our sister Island, Reunion, in terms of driving techniques, courtesy on the road, road safety rules and driving etiquette. Sorry for conveying these, but this is my humble observation, though I am a Mauritian driver too. Maybe if someone could explain to us how to obtain a driving licence in Reunion Island; whether there is any rules and regulations to adhere to prior to obtaining your driving licence, that would be much appreciated. Maybe the Mauritian Authority need to change/improve the driving test system here !

Hi,

Fireworks, thanks for being objective Reunion people thank you so much :lol:
By the way, if you look for any information about driving license, rules or regulations, you should go in 'France' forum or guide.