Ecuador professional visa 9-V - Can it help me get into Canada/US?

Hi friends,

I am also from India. An agent is proposing a quick way to get into Canada by getting ecuador Professional Visa 9-V.
I could not get this approach any where.

Can you advise if entering Canada/US is possible by getting ecuador Professional Visa 9-V.

Thanks,

vijay2015 wrote:

Hi friends,

I am also from India. An agent is proposing a quick way to get into Canada by getting ecuador Professional Visa 9-V.
I could not get this approach any where.

Can you advise if entering Canada/US is possible by getting ecuador Professional Visa 9-V.

Thanks,

It sounds like a scam. Why would a professional visa for Ecuador help you get into Canada?

jessekimmerling wrote:
vijay2015 wrote:

It sounds like a scam. Why would a professional visa for Ecuador help you get into Canada?

Jesse could not have put it more elegantly or more accurately. :top:

We don't know anything about the "agent" who purports to advise you on this, but we do know the following ...

1.  The typical pre-requisite for an EC professional visa is a diploma from a university on the approved list.  Use the searchbox above to  find the "university visa" thread to see if your university qualifies you.

2.  The reason the Cancillería offers this kind of visa is to attract workers with professional skills needed in Ecuador.  You don't seem willing to state truthfully to the ministry that it is your purpose to seek employment in Ecuador.

3.  A fancy scheme like this would have to be vetted by experienced immigration attorneys, possibly in both countries, not non-attorney Expat posters on this forum.

If you post again, we'd be interested to know more about your "agent."

cccmedia in Quito

Hello all

For info a new thread has been created as from your posts being considered off topic to the thread on which Vijay initially participated.

Since this question concerns Canada as a final destination, this thread has been moved to the Canada forum.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

As a Canadian, who has recently tried to get my Ecuadorian sister in law a visa to come to Canada , I find that highly unlikely.  I don't think there are any shortcuts.  Time, patience and $ is what is required to get into Canada, or an immigration lawyer - $$$$.