Hgv driver

Is there any chance of getting driving work hgv or otherwise

hi pad & vik, there is not the abundance of h.g.v. work in cyprus like there is in the u.k. i don't know if there is a company called melis near where you want to live but you could try them, they are a meat carrier company with 7 and a half ton vehicles, the work loading and unloading can be heavy. i had a friend from romania that worked for them. there is a lot of unemployment in cyprus and the cypriots will get preference for the jobs. if you can speak greek it is a help. i think you would stand a better chance of getting work in limassol or larnaka. or if you could afford your own van to do removals or deliveries. at this moment in time things are not good for employment in cyprus, but in saying that you could fall lucky but don't rely on it. good luck.

securing work isnt easy here - come prepared with a healthy bank balance to last you at least 6 months without work and have an exit strategy if things dont work out.

On the upside  - there is work albeit low paid seasonal work, and as London Chap has said locals will get preference - if you are prepared to be flexible in what you do and how and when you do it.. your chances of success at finding paid work greatly improve.... certainly until you find the job you really want.... many people find work via word of mouth  - a guy knowing a guy who knows another guy so dont be put off.. good luck.