Any hiking place in Athens? Any Hiking Clubs?

Hi I am Claire from Beijing , I moved to Athens for working in a travel agency, before I was working on the cruise ships and traveled the world with the ships, also lived and worked in US and Croatia for a while. I like to meet people and share the stories, see the new places, get to know the different cultures, and explore the life..
I am wondering if there is any place for hiking near Athens? is there any hiking club ? I am also interested in volunteer activitities , are there some groups?
Thanks! Claire

Hello Claire and welcome to Greece,
There is a lot to do in Athens. Parnitha, Ymittos and Sounio are hiking spots in Attiki, Athens. There are also many water sports you can do. The new trend is "Subwinging", it is a water sport which looks really fun.

(**-**moderated)

Best Regards,

Georgia Mylonas

The list below is a list of alpine/hiking clubs in Athens.
ACHARNES ALPINE CLUB (EOS ACHARNON)    +302102461528    Acharnes
ATHENIAN ALPINE CLUB    +302103238775    Athens
ATHENS ALPINE CLUB    +302103212355    Athens
ATHENS CLIMBERS ASSOCIATION    +302103834817    Athens
ATHENS HIKING CLUB    +302108218401    Athens
CLUB OF MOUNTAIN & SEA FRIENDS    +302109657879    Voula
ELEFSINA ALPINE CLUB    +302105545430    Elefsina
FYLI HELLENIC CULTURAL ALPINE CLUB    +302102411148    Fyli
ILIOUPOLI HELLENIC ALPINE CLUB    +302109911537    Ilioupoli
KRYSTALLIS PIRAEUS CLIMBERS ASSOCIATION    +302104174094    Piraeus

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details + publicity of own services strictly prohibited

Hi Georgia , thank you so much for the information ! That's very helpful! Please let me know more about your business , could you please send me your website? maybe I can help!

Best Regards,
Claire

Hello Claire it's nice to hear from you. I will send you the site but as I mentioned it's not a professional site and I am working on the new site which should be done by September. In the new site the services, activities...will be listed. I would appreciate your help and some of my contacts in Greece can offer you their services. Most of them are in tourist or hospitality related services.

How long will you be in Athens for? Do not hesitate to contact me for info. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Reason : Please do not share Emails/ External groups/ Websites on the forum. We have a private message system for private contact infos.

Hello all

@Claire 
Please note that a new thread has been created as from your post on the Athens forum to help you get more interactions.

@gogo8 - avoid auto promotion of your services on the Forum please

Thank you for your participation :top: however please note that publicity is strictly not allowed on the forum. You may drop an advert in our Housing section.

Regards
Kenjee

Hi Georgia, I am moving to Athens next week and need somewhere to stay for a few weeks while I look for a permanent apartment. Your apartment looks perfect for what I need, can you please confirm if it is available and the cost per week and per month?

Thanks!

Reason : Please do not share Emails/ External groups/ Websites on the forum. We have a private message system for private contact infos.
johnny1980 wrote:

Hi Georgia, I am moving to Athens next week and need somewhere to stay for a few weeks while I look for a permanent apartment. Your apartment looks perfect for what I need, can you please confirm if it is available and the cost per week and per month? 
Thanks!

Hello Johnny1980

You may also drop an advert in the Housing in Greece section so as to increase your chances to find a nice rental

Regards
Kenjee

Hello Claire