Opening a Post Box Account

For those who are looking for getting a Post Box Number of their own. Here is the porcedure:

Go to you nearest Saudi Post Office.

Please have your Building Number with you (4 digit Arabic number written on a green plate, on your building wall)

Fill a basic application form.

Submit a copy of your Iqama and a recent photo.

Saudi Post will give you an application number along with your Post Box No and Pin Code.

You can choose a single person account - 100SR/Yr (Multiple person can use this provided the address has the registered persons name in it. (using c/o .........)

Multiple Person (upto 10 names can be registered) - 300SR/Yr.

Small Company - 1000SR/Yr

Large Company - 3000SR/Yr

Pay the corresponding amount in your Bank / ATM/ Phone banking.

Procedure for ATM - Insert you ATM Card - Enter your Pin - Utilities - Saudi Post - (If Saudi Post Not Mentioned, select "Others" enter "021" as the code - Enter your application/registration number given to you by Saudi Post. - Pay the prescribed amount - take the slip (and your card) Go back to Saudi Post, Submit the slip and you are done. Your PO.Box No. is now active.

Go Back in 2 days to collect your Keys and Post Office Card.

Note:
Please wait an hour or two before going to the ATM, after filling the form as the system takes time to update.

Wonderful!! Thanks for the excellent information :)

Do I have to ask what did you go through in order to get this information and open your P.O Box?
;)

3dnan wrote:

Do I have to ask what did you go through in order to get this information and open your P.O Box?
;)

If you were asking for the experience, it was smooth and the staffs were so friendly. I needed to open an account for myself and had been delaying it thinking it was going to be a pain in the @$$. But when I eventually did it, it was a pleasant experience. 

Just thought I would post it, for people who think its a troublesome process.

johnkuriakose wrote:
3dnan wrote:

;)

If you were asking for the experience, it was smooth and the staffs were so friendly. I needed to open an account for myself and had been delaying it thinking it was going to be a pain in the @$$. But when I eventually did it, it was a pleasant experience. 

Just thought I would post it, for people who think its a troublesome process.

Great; Tx for sharing. :cheers:

I am surprised that it went well!! Err.. Don't get me wrong, indeed I happy that the staff were pleasant and even happier for you that it went well. But a friend of mine wanted to open a PO Box in Jeddah, went through one week of hell to get it done!!

But I guess I am might be opening one for myself now it is crystal clear.

3dnan wrote:

I am surprised that it went well!! Err.. Don't get me wrong, indeed I happy that the staff were pleasant and even happier for you that it went well. But a friend of mine wanted to open a PO Box in Jeddah, went through one week of hell to get it done!!

But I guess I am might be opening one for myself now it is crystal clear.

:) I guess you will be going to the Saudi Post Head Office near your place, I went to the one in 18th Street.

I am a pilipino worker her in buraydah al qassim can I open my own post office box ?

analie v.cajeras wrote:

I am a pilipino worker her in buraydah al qassim can I open my own post office box ?

The process stated above is clear and simple! and of course, should be available in all of the cities of KSA...  :)

abid9090 wrote:

no

:unsure

A bit short on information !!!
One word posts are frowned upon on this forum as they serve no useful purpose.

If you ave some useful information about opening a post office box then please post it here for others to take advantage of.

Thank you

I am interested to know the benefits of having a PO Box in Saudi. I was thinking of just having mail sent to me c/o my employer when I come.

I am open this account
I request you thanks

is there any updated procedure?
I checked their website and they are now online application.

Do we still need to collect key/post card?

Informative. Thanks  :top:

Is it possible to link National Address to a PO Box? so that when someone send a letter to the National Address it will be put on the PO Box linked to it?