Doha- female interior design architect for a 5500QR Salary- Deal?

Hello everyone,
I'm 24 years old, from Serbia. I ll be in Qatar in a month as I signed job offer for a new interior design company located in Al Saad. I have no professional experience. My salary will be 5500QR per month, with payed accommodation and transportation (home-work). Also, medical insurance is as per Qatari labors law, and I m not sure what is it cover? My work attendance is 48 hours per week.
I ll be glad to find any opinions and  suggestions.What can I expect  about living in Doha for single one? Anyone with similar situation or any other information would be more than helpful.

Best regards

5500, you will struggle and for sure you will save nothing..

Even with payed accommodation and transportation?

Okey, it depends on your activities. If you are going to live a routine life then thats okey. But you MUST check first their accommodation, wheather it is a bedspace, sharing or stand alone studio! Cuz if u didnt like it, u have no other choice! Accommodations are pretty highpremium prices. Check online..

I will to agree that you will not save anything
Accommodation is a pig problem here (it always depends if your roomates are good or not )
Don't you have a job already back home.... if yes I would recommend you to stick with it
Let me know if you have any other questions

Good luck !!

I think 5500 as a Basic salary is ok for an entry level, you can spend around 1500 on food and 1000 for diverse activities and hobbies. If your accommodation is near Al Sadd then I believe it will be a decent one. I live there its in the center of city, but then its up to you and your life style if you are a huge spender then even 24000QR will not be enough, I really advice you to visit living cost website for a better understanding.

Well, I dont have job here. Also, I think that I can have more experience about architecture in a place which is growing, and where a buildings are sprout everyday, than back home. Here I live with parents and brother, so its time for me to grow up. Do you think that 5500 is small salary even with a payed accommodation?

"Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"
So a salary of 5500 as a beginning is a good thing .

Yes with paid accommodation its a good start  :)

As stated above, this is a good entry level. The Health Care is a problem as they will not be providing you with private health care. This will mean that you will be provided with decent public care but limited to sickness only and no eyes or dental.

As far as the accommodation, if the company is a decent company, and they seem to be are they are paying an acceptable rate for an entry level position, then you should be OK. But again it will probably be with roommates, so that might be a problem.

With respect to the 48 hours, this is normal for consultants, you usually work 45 to 48 hours per week, they need to squeeze as much out of you as possible  :lol:

Good luck

Hi ,
You need to spend minimum 2000 QR per month, ( need taxi to go for shopping, or just go to sea side etc, others spending   )

Did Y investigated about your employer ? Is it Western based  Company or just local ?
My Italian young  friend is doing same job as You  here for local Qatar companies . General conditions has the   same , except salary 10 k QR, but seems that they  dont pay him regularly so ...
Anyhow This could be  good first step for work in Gulf,
You should know that once Y signed contract with mentioned  Company , and  y wanted to change work ,  it is requested to get from your employer  so called No Objection Certificate -NOC. If not received NOC , not possible to change work. in Qatar (but can work in other Gulf countries )

good luck
give shouts , once come here

Jaroslaw

it is okay but about ticket , mobile allowance

If 5500QAR is more than the minimum salary of an Interior Designer in Serbia, then go for it. You have nothing to lose since it will be your first pro exp. If you're not a big spender, you can save at least half of your salary. Good luck!

Hi,

welcome to Qatar. very safe ,only the climate temp would go up to 42 c during this period.But summer
u can not imagine 52 c. Other things pretty common.Since 3 weeks back came from india still exploring.
working as a project manager for finishing and fit out company.Have a good time.

Regards
chandu :)

No is not good ask me well ask for more base on ur experiences

whats the medical insurance they provide you with plus where would be the accommodation is in city or far away from the city where is work located it you need to see it from every aspect