A quick question about marriage.

Dear all,

I'm a Qatari female and looking to marry a European who recently converted to Islam, I wish to know if that's possible. I also would like to know if anyone has an idea about a Qatari girl marrying a foreigner before.

A quick answer: why shouldn't it be possible?

I don't know any Qatari girl who married a foreigner, that's why I'm asking about it.

For your information,
Qatari women can not get marry a Non Qatari. You need special permission.

special permission? what kind? have you heard of that before?

As per Sharia Law, a Muslim man can have up to four wives, provided, he can look after them materially and treats them equally. However, this practice is no longer being followed, as very few are able to afford it, and women are getting more independent and assertive, and refuse to accept such rules. Now, a Muslim woman can insert a clause in the marriage contract, restricting her husband from marrying another woman, for as long as the contract is valid. The wife can also retain her own name after marriage.
Muslim marriages in Qatar are performed at the Sharia Court, located on Al Rayyan Road, near Mannai Ra in the Musheirib area. The Sharia Court here allows marriages of Muslims only. Although marriages between Muslim men and Christian women are permitted by Sharia Courts in other Muslim nations, they are not allowed in Qatar.
Although a Muslim woman may not marry a non-Muslim man, unless he converts to Islam, the reverse may not be the case. On the other hand, majority of non-Muslim women are often pressurized into converting their religion. Also, it should be noted that in the event of breakdown of a marriage between a non-Muslim woman and a Muslim man, the children are usually kept by the husband in his home country. Children's will not get Qatari Nationality they have to be under (Husband) European Passport.
And once you're married to an expat, No Jobs in Ministry, no education Loan etc., from the government. You need NOC approval from your family. If things didn't work then Plan for Europe and marry under civil Marriage Law and settle down. Future planning for separation: Qatar Government will not accept the Children's, as per Qatar law the children should be kept by the husband in his home country.

its advisable to get marry a Local who settled in Europe

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : As indicated in our code of conduct, you should write in English. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Ok sorry

I personally know a Kuwaiti woman who married to an American white man. They were living in Kuwait and their daughter is considered a Kuwaiti !!!!! I do not think that there is a problem !

Wilson wrote:

On the other hand, majority of non-Muslim women are often pressurized into converting their religion. .

Quran 1:256 : There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion. The right course has become clear from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing.
So, who makes this pressure is against the law of the Quran !!!!!
I personally know many inter-religious marriages with no conversion of the wife or pressure of any kind to be a Muslim !!!! While the opposite is not true ...... The wife is put under pressure from the husband as he is usually threatened to be ex-communicated off his church (Catholic or Orthodox) for marrying an non-Christian wife who should be converted into Christianity to prevent this !!!!

Would you marry an USA who will convert to Muslim?

I think that according to the regulations in qatar that is not possible
But I think you might be able to get married outside qatar (usa for example) then come back to qatar

My daughter is British and we have been living here for over a decade. She fell in love with a GCC member from Oman.They did not approve the wedding to take place here in the gulf as they do not accept their citizens to marry foreigners. We took them abroad and got them married. however he has to wait for a few years before it can get approval.
So in the mean time this marriage document does not hold much weight. If you have connections in the diwan amiry and they approve of it then OK.My other daughter has had a proposal from a qatari.But his family have connections with the amiry diwan so they can bypass any restricitions.
So restrictions apply to both men and women but I understand it is stronger on the women.I believe they want to keep marriage in the among themselves. May be because of nationality issues. Even if they do marry my daughter will not receive GCC nationality

Sara, im affraid its not allowed. But hey, no one can dictate ur life and ur destiny. If u love that man, go and marry him anywhere else. Let ur heart choose, amd u will not regret in ur old days, nor will u become bitter. Go for it! And dontlet anyone discourage u. Love is the Law. There isno law above it. Wish u all the best! ☺