Kenya- new challenge, got more than i bargained for, now going alone!

Hi
I am Wizzy, (lets not go into the whys and wherefores of my name here!)
I'm the sort of person who likes big challenges in life, and my husband and i had had the best of UK- we felt.
Having visited Zambia on our honey moon, (home of my best friend from boarding school)we knew this continent 'digged' us. We visited there a few times more, then got asked to come see Kenya just over a decade ago. Long story cut short we moved out here 'lock stock and barrel' in 2009, with the intention of investing in Kenya for many years. We leased a 40acre farm with an old house on it in Laikipia for 21 years, and sunk most our savings into it. The farm was not going to be able to support us, but hopefully at least support itself through various small farming projects. Therefore we needed to do something else to earn our bread. We ran a restaurant and salon that came with the restaurant premises. I am a country girl really, but we needed to find another income in town nearby.
Its tough to be an entrepreneur here and long story cut short we developed the premises last year into a small shopping arcade.  That was a slightly better move, but Now its even tougher because we separated in Jan, my hubby having found the delights of Kenyan women for himself, and I'm afraid i don't go with polygamy or open relationships!

I love this country though, its people, landscape, wildlife and intention...even with corruption and chaos- its a special place. I don't want to go back to the mundane of Europe...(well, it is that for me) East Africa has so much to offer even in difficult times, but it is very hard to earn a sensible income as a small time, entrepreneur.
I have joined this to 'meet' and  talk with other expats, maybe even find another partner in passion and crime...you never know?! It would be lovely to share with others who actually want to make this place their base...longer term.
I have considerable experience of living here, both the good and bad sides, lots of ideas, (always have had them,) but lack friends who share my passion for stimulating business and lifestyle discussion.  That sounds offensive to my good friends who are super! but they would be the first to admit i need something 'more.'
Beyond striving to earn a sensible income here, i love to travel when possible and outdoor pursuits. i ride and compete my horse at HAK horse events, and am very creative so make bags and jewellery and teach jewellery making.
Love to chat/make friends with anyone about Kenya, my experience of living here, its people, idea sharing....

I am james living and working in nairobi.i have read ua story and thought about sharing with you on investing in nairobis eastlands on hospitality and recreation. its a venture making good returns. probably a visit can prove this. want to try? Contact me on [email protected]

Very hard to invest with no money james!

I have read your story and let at no words
I wish to meet you and discuss the issue
I have invested in salon, make jewelries
am IT by profession working for the government
At my free time I cycle(I am  Cyclist)
kindly
kanini680 at gmail.com
Stay blessed

Hi Iam steve and have a business idea which i can share with you.Please inbox me through [email protected] for a chat.

Hi Wizzy in Kenya. I'm Chery l from the USA Milwaukee WI to be exact. You really strike me as a great person to know. I love your way. I'm sure you'll have no problem finding your a new partner. I'm thinking of traveling to Kenya to meet my fiance in Sugar Mar Mar to be exact. I'm more than a little nervous and would love to hear more from people who've been there.

I have never heard of Sugar Mar Mar and I have been in Kenya for quite a few years.

I was born in Kenya and have never heard of Sugar Mar Mar.. Are you sure someone is not taking you for a ride.. Move with caution...

Its Sugutu Mar Mar. Its in Sambruru County. Ive Googled it. Its on the map.  :)

Cheryl, hi girl? The only Suguta Mar Mar I know of is in kerio valley down in the Rift Valley province, its a very rural place. Unless they share a name with the one is Samburu, that I'm not sure.

Best regards

Hi Cheryl

This is a google maps link to the location of the town.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sukut … 4a4af59b33

Dont be detracted. Its a real town in Kenya Cheryl, just at the border between Samburu and Laikipia counties. It is mostly to do with wildlife and is quite a remote area. Hope you and your fiance enjoy the time there.

Architect Lutta.

Hey you,still In Kenya?