Moving to Hanoi

Hello!
I'll be moving to Hanoi this September and am currently looking for housing (preferably shared housing). I'm wondering which areas in Hanoi are the best areas to live. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated! Thanks :)

Hi Maida,
Welcome to Ha Noi in September. I think Tay Ho is the best areas to live . Because that is very cool and fresh air. [Moderated] I will let you know and give you the best advices! :)

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : no publicity on the forum. Post in the housing section

Hi Maida,

As I know, Tay Ho District is the one of the best place to live in Hanoi, especially the West or Southwest side of Westlake. It belongs to a safe area. The space is quiet, bright, airy with fresh air. People living there almost never face with water loss in dry season as well as flooding in rainny season compared to the other areas of Hanoi city. It is also in a convenient location to get to the rest of Hanoi.

Julia,

Thanks for the info, Julia!

Thank you Hien Daisy, I'll definitely get in contact with you once I arrive!

hi Maida :)
i  am working in real estate. if you need advice to choose house or rent, i cant help you :) it is free

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum.

Great, thank you! I'll get in contact as soon as I can :)

I think Ho Tay is the best area to live in. But that depends. If you want to find a job, you'd better find a place that is near your workplace as travelling in Ha Noi is terrible.
How long are you going to stay and what do you want to do when you are here?

I'm thinking about staying 5-6 months or so and looking to find an English teaching job, but my plans are also very open right now so I will be feeling Hanoi out before I decide to commit on staying. Thanks for your info!

In my opinion, the place you live in hanoi should be convinient for you to go to work/study. Because traffic in Hanoi is so bad. You should consider.

Hi Maida,

What is the exact date will you move to Hanoi? ++++

Cheers!

Daisy.

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : post in the housing section pls

Hi Maida,

As I know, Tay Ho District is the one of the best place to live in Hanoi. The space is quiet, bright, airy with fresh air. You can go to Ha noi center and Noi Bai international airpory easily.

Reason : post in the housing section pls
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Maida, if you want to find an English teaching job, i think you can find an apartment in Cầu Giấy or Đống Đa, Ba Đình District, because there are many English centers there so you can both find a job easily and go to work as convenient as possible

Reason : drop an advert in the housing section please
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct