Doctor - USD 3900 per month + accommodation - Is that a good deal?

Hi. I m an indian doctor thinking of migrating to nairobi. 

I got a offer of  INR 400000 per month+free accommodation+free maid services.

I would be required to bear Electricity n water charges n food. Vehicle would be provided free bt fuel charges would be required to bear by me.

Though the accommodation they say would be quite near to hospital I would work. 

Is it a descent offer to live well in nairobi?

I got a family of three including me,my wife n son.

Would require schooling of my son in some cbse pattern school too.

Please reply.

hello sanchi...
is your salary in terms of KSH ,if so that's  is good salary in regard with the benefits,in Nairobi and the environ thats pretty good salary
will be based in capital of Kenya ,Nairobi or outside Nairobi?
I would suggest you grab the offer ASAP,plus after you get settled you can do some side hussle as Doctor with the licences from Kenya board

Salary is in indian currency 400000 INR that is approx 626697 KSH or 3913 USD

Hello Sachin Balutkar and welcome to Expat.com :)

I suggest you to browse through other threads in our Cost of Living in Nairobi section of the forum to be able to compare your salary package with others and cost of living in Nairobi.

Regards
Kenjee

That good salary

hi ı was assigned to naırobı and ı will migrate there at 15 semp. my salary will be 4000 dolar and there are not any extras. ı ll rent a home nearby my foundatıon. it is on gigiri streets. is ıt enough for subsistence.

Accommodation is expensive around gigiri

Hi Sachin. If the package you've mentioned is gross salary,  then you'll have to pay 30%tax off it. Salary should be net.
School fees per term in a good school would be approximately 1500 USD $.

They said I won't be required to pay tax.  Neither in SA nir in india

with or without tax ?

Hi Sachin,This seems a good salary,sometimes companies pay directly into your INR acct.INR 4k with accomadtion and other facilities is a very good salary.There are no CBSE schools.Schools are with IGCSE  sylabllus only the cost could be around 200-350 dollars for a term depending on the school u opt .Overall its a good offer but again u need to decide on other factors also.
ll the best

Hi doc

I am in the medial field as well...if that is net salary..then u good..but then again it depends on ur field n qualification. I wouldnt know if u a consultant or in other departments.