Tips for getting your first job in Argentina

Hi,

What are your tips and advice for getting a first job in Argentina?

What are the job hunting steps to follow? Where to look for offers: newspapers, Internet, recruitment agencies, word-of-mouth?

What are the top hiring sectors?

What would you recommend to young professionals wishing to start their career in Argentina?

Thank you in advance for your participation!

I'm actually living in Argentina and it's really hard to find a job. And i mean it. Bt if you have no choice I'd recommend you to look up in the "clasificados" of Argentinian newspappers. Depending in the city where you go. Look up for a relevant newspapper and go to it's "clasificados" section.  :dumbom:

Hello planetsupernova and thanks for the share! :top:

Is there much hiring in the Computer technology fields in Argentina?

Do web developping, cloud computing provide jobs there?

Welcome on board and Thanks again :)

Kenjee

kenjee wrote:

Hello planetsupernova and thanks for the share! :top:

Is there much hiring in the Computer technology fields in Argentina?

Do web developping, cloud computing provide jobs there?

Welcome on board and Thanks again :)

Kenjee

I'd say the computer technology fields is one of the fields that is constantly hiring people. But I'd recommend to you to look up in webs like forosdelweb.com , or forobeta.com . I mean sites that hire people through the web.

Good luck!  :top:

i am argentinean , i am married to indian, he is linux administrator, he sent lots of cv but nobody contacts him, nly two said " when you come to buenos aires let me know" ... how can a foreigner get a job from abroad before going to argentina?

diana.beckwith wrote:

i am argentinean , i am married to indian, he is linux administrator, he sent lots of cv but nobody contacts him, nly two said " when you come to buenos aires let me know" ... how can a foreigner get a job from abroad before going to argentina?

Have you or your husband looked here:

http://www.computrabajo.com.ar/

Unfortunately I think the reality is, nothing beats "boots on the ground" when looking for a job.  However if your husband has a skill in high demand and speaks Spanish the odds are better.

yes computrabajo, zona jobs, universobit etc etc but nothing .... i am teaching him spanish , right now very basic spanish ....  i think in 10 days he can go to the embassy for his permanente residence and have "cuil" .... i am so frustrated ... i dont want to spend one more day in this country!