Mexico Second Most Popular Destination for Expats

Mexico is listed as 2nd destination. I've been to Ecuador and don't understand why expats go there instead. I found it much more expensive than Mexico as it's pegged on the U.S. Dollar. Or perhaps it's just because I love Mexico!

Mexico tops the charts in the Ease of Settling In Index this year, due to the easygoing culture and friendly populace. It is easy to get used to the local culture, say over four out of five expats (82%), their mouths probably full of tacos.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Sharing of external links not allowed on the forum.

Seems like they release that same study every week ...... ;):)

I agree, I was looking at Ecuador myself, but have now pretty much settled on Mexico as my retirement destination. I recently spent 10 days in Mexico city and had a great time, no problems what so ever.

Make many trips to Mexico and try out different areas before you decide,  Learn to speak Spanish and develop Mexican friends.  Make many many trips of long duration.

Yes, explore around, why not? Mexico is a good choice though, that is clear. It is also as close as you can get to "home!"

Let me know if you need any Real Estate advice, I live in Playa del Carmen, in the Riviera Maya :)