Moving in Doha- female interior design architect

Hello everyone,
I'm 24 years old, from Serbia. I ll be in Qatar in a month as I signed job offer for a new interior design company located in Al Saad. I have no professional experience. My salary will be 5500QR per month, with payed accommodation and transportation (home-work). Also, medical insurance is as per Qatari labors law, and I m not sure what is it cover? My work attendance is 48 hours per week.
I ll be glad to find any opinions and  suggestions.What can I expect  about living in Doha for single one? Anyone with similar situation or any other information would be more than helpful.

Best regards

Given ur status. It is a good offer for starters.  I would push for 7 thousand . and 1 or two flight tickets to home per year .

Good luck . Let me know if u need more info

Thanks a lot

Hi there

Welcome to Qatar , I hope you will enjoy your stay here. The place where your company is located is a good place Al Saad but you will struggle a little because of the traffic in this area in the morning. make sure that this company is willing to give you NOC ( No Objection Certificate) in case you found a better job later and want to leave to another company in Qatar. Not all the companies here are welling to do so ,pay attention to this , as for the insurance mostly it will cover all except for the optical and dental or maybe there would be a limited coverage.

As of what to expect here in Doha as a single one , if you don't make friends you will get bored since there is no many places to go by yourself, expat men are way more than expat women so you are going to be approached a bit more than you are used to.

mostly you will have room mates so select carefully as there is a big diverse in culture here, choose someone similar to your culture so you would avoid any future problems or misunderstanding .

Ah one more thing and be aware of the big speedy Land cruisers here they are somehow reckless . :)

it's a good offer. Try to negotiate flight tickets per year.
Also ask about accommodation quality ... is it shared ? and how many people living  ?

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : You are off-topic here.Furthermore, do not share your personal contacts on the forum

nt bad for a start, let me know if u need more info