Bao' an, shenzhen

Hi all,

For those already in SZ, can you advise is bao'an really far from the central area?

and is it convenient to travel from bao'an to HK everyday?  thanks :)

Nope, it's pretty far out. It's at least an hour from any of the borders.

Hi, thank you for your reply.

What about bao'an distance from the city/central area? Also, is it safe to take a taxi at night from central area back to bao' an? thanks in advance!

What do you mean by central? Futian?

Yes, that's what I meant. How long does it take to travel from bao'an to Futian by Metro??

And is it safe to take a taxi at night from Futian to baoán? and what's the price like?  thanks!!

If you're on the green line its pretty fast, maybe half hour. Shenzhen is super safe all over, although I guess if it's a really far out, in an industrial zone, maybe it could be dodgy.

bao an big bus station to Zhongshan city about 2 hours, to baoan air port by taxi is about 30 minutes, and there are underground train to HK too, anyway if you would like to stay in baoan, it is a good city because you can find it is a interest city.

How much should I be paying for a 1 bedroom apartment in Shajing, Baoan?

any rental agent to recommend?

thanks!!

Hi Preppy_chic,

I will invite you to please check out our directory a list of the real estate agencies in Shenzhen you might want to contact here : Real estate agencies in Shenzhen :)

You can drop an advert in the Properties for rent in Shenzhen section please as it might be helpful :)

Best of luck with everything !

Thank you

Maximilien

Thank you! I've been trying to search for information on Shenzhen.. but realised most forums are not active :(

Hiya,

I moved from London a year ago and have been living in Bao'an area. Wondering if you're still looking for more answers.

Hello,

Welcome to shenzhen.
I think by now you must have got the answers to all your questions and explored the city a bit.
Expat.com is not well marketed in China thats why some forums are not so active..in the area i live where most expats stay, they don't really use this site..Hopefully it can improve.
Bao'an is developing very fast. It will actually become another big CBD in shenzhen.
Living is not so good now, though. Better wait for the construction to be completed.

Adam

Yes, I've found the answers to my questions, and it's not as bad as i expected! There's express buses :)