I'm looking forward to make some friends here

I'm new to Kuwait been here for 5 months.
I'm looking forward to make some friends here...I really feel very alone and don't know how to meet ppl here.

Hallo

Do know if there is any tourism there like Guide Chauffeur Airport transport or so and if it would be worthit to try for one season
Arnaud in Paris

Hello Udi,

Welcome on board :)

It will be highly appreciated if you introduce yourself and tell us a bit more about you and your leisures  :)

You may also read the discussions under the Networking Kuwait category of the forum, several topics deal with making friends.

Cheers,
Bhavna

Like seriously kuwait is so boring 😌

There are more groups on FB to join and they have outings and gatherings. Most people meet others in the work place as it is hard to just go out and start up conversations with random people.

Hi,
Could u please gimme the names of the groups in FB

Anybody here.....so bored and lonely

Hellenah, try to link up with some of the social groups on Facebook, or on this site and ones like Internations.org.  I was just out last night to an Internations gathering, met a bunch of people, and had a great time!

Internations, expatsgroup.com are a couple that come to mind

on facebook you will find a group called expats in Kuwait, just search "expats" and "kuwait" and you will come up with a thousand different groups; you can also find places that need volunteers like animal shelters and things like operation hope, try sports as well - the kuwait scorpions rugby club is currently looking for recruits, no need for past experience, as a former scorpion myself, and someone who used to be in your same exact shoes regarding finding things to do in kuwait, the scorpions were by far my favorite, it opened doors and showed me a kuwait i had never seen before. so give them a shout.

Welcome To Kuwait :cheers:

Hi, I will be in Kuwait within 2 weeks. Why do you find it boring?

HI,

My friend, Arab in general are very friendly ,they are very easy to communicate with them , but they dont run after you to get ur friendship ,u have to build it yourself , if u can not , i guess u have a problem .

Hi udi could meet up sometime Ramesh ***

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I am here in kuwait for the last 8 yrs and trust me its really boring as there is no much entertainment nor tourism, Just office and Home and nothing else...

Expat.group.com in fb..it is a very large group for expat from everywhere..they have many activities and gathering

I can welcome you  in Kuwait  free of charge  as a friend  if you contact me in advance  nasir ****

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share your contact details on the forum. Exchange them by using private messaging please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

maybe for you :D:D

no Aneline, life in Kuwait is not boring at all.

Some people scoff at the question and give lukewarm answers as a joke - here is the real deal, had i not been in Kuwait i would not have done the following:

1) Joined the rugby team.
2) Joined the gaelic football squad - and represent Kuwait in a tournament in dubai too!
3) Found my passion in running - and subsequently start my own running group.
4) Joined a cycling group that give personalized tours of Kuwait that are amazing.

not into sports? how about performing arts?

5) found my second passion in standup comedy.
6) started doing improv comedy with Staged in Kuwait group (SiK).

not to mention all the other things in between - great friendships from people from every corner of the globe (well, most corners), the culinary delights etc.

Life in Kuwait is what you make it; most people are content to lead a 9-5 life then go home, plop down infront of the telly or computer and complain about how there is nothing to do in Kuwait. There is plenty, you just need to actively pursue it.

@legacy

Hello senior,

You are very helpful and your posts are always useful and interesting to read.  :thanks: 

But Just have some concern, may some people find this all as boring, like for me I don't like to play football but I like hockey and cricket. I cannot find any group here for hockey, and about cricket, we have managed to create our own team and thank god we have a open ground to play the same in front of our accommodation. Performing arts may be challenging for many people due to lack of confidence.  :(

I like Mountain climbing, Camping, River rafting, Bike riding on high mountainous range and many other adventurous sports (use to do all this in Himalayas) which is obvious I cannot do here. LOL

And yes, you told “Life in Kuwait is what you make it” I will also tell the same thing, we can be happy from the things we have. Like 70% of people like swimming so as with me, I have joined Gym and Swimming which is very easy to get in (Useful to make friends also @Aneline). And many other things are also there in which one can be engaged.

Thx

Hi where can a person swim? Please tell me more about the arts part... is it like a group for acting? I'm a teacher and I'm interested.

Is it a good thing to date an Arab guy? Especially Egyptian? What are they like. I know someone who is very helpful from a blog but is now interested in me been in Kuwait for 2 weeks and not hasty for anything romantic now. I feel everybody deserves the benefit of the doubt because most people talk from what they hear

dear ZeeWorld; thats two questions, one unrelated to our current discussion :P

firstly, check out their website (link) and contact them with all your queries, i have yet to attend a meeting past my audition :P

secondly; there is no hard and fast rule, just treat it like any normal date, establish ground rules, find out their endgame, and note that Egyptians can be very jealous folk. os be cautious.

Dear Mr. Nilesh

I am totally agree with you. Same as you I am also like CRICKET, mountain climbing, Riding,Badminton & Hockey as well. But these games are not familiar with Kuwait. So some time I am feeling bored in Kuwait. But am always hoping for the best.

Have a good Time.

Many Thanks

Hello Vishek,

Hope u r doing well in Kuwait!!!

Dont worry u can join us on weekends  ;) i will inbox you my wts app number, We can plan something and better join some extra curriculum. All the best!!! 

Thx

its not clear to whom you are  trying to chat to  please mention his name

me too looking for some friends here